AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > AAR

Old May 5, 2015, 14:09   #11
Timo Pietilš
Prophet

Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
I don't believe that is correct. What I've experienced is that when @ fails to nimbly dodge the falling debris, @ takes damage from the falling ceiling.
I have died to that, so it definitely was possible. Might not be possible anymore.

When that crushing happens you move, even at mid-sequence of monster attacks. If there is no place to go you die. That's what happened to me.

[EDIT] checked the code, and now if there is no safe spots you simply get extra 300 points of damage.

...it might have been that I got double-earthquake because no space to move with extra 600 points of damage. Can't recall anymore.

Last edited by Timo Pietilš; May 6, 2015 at 07:34.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2015, 14:46   #12
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
I looked at the code for this once. As I recall, you get a DEX save for each open (non-wall non-enemy) adjacent tile. If you pass a save you move to that tile and take no damage. If you fail all of those saves then you remain in place and take something like 400 additional damage, plus since you're still there Morgoth gets to finish his melee attacks.

Morgoth is, I believe, the only enemy in the game with both summoning spells and a shatter attack; this combination could easily lead players to try to fight him in an antisummoning corridor (or an approximation thereof, anyway, given his tunneling ability), which is unusually dangerous due to the lack of tiles to dodge to.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2015, 17:38   #13
AnonymousHero
Veteran

AnonymousHero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
I have died to that, so it definitely was possible. Might not be possible anymore.

When that crushing happens you move, even at mid-sequence of monster attacks. If there is no place to go you die. That's what happened to me.
I've died from it too, but it was definitely from too much damage in one round. There was no insta-death type effect.
AnonymousHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2015, 16:38   #14
Cold_Heart
Adept

Cold_Heart is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by desstorm View Post
congratz!

So you beat him to death! No orbs? What's the damage of an orb at lvl 48?
At 50 it's 75 +3d6 ( x2 vs evil = 156-186), so at 48 it's probably something like 71+3d6 or 73+3d6
Cold_Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2015, 08:19   #15
Timo Pietilš
Prophet

Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold_Heart View Post
At 50 it's 75 +3d6 ( x2 vs evil = 156-186), so at 48 it's probably something like 71+3d6 or 73+3d6
(1.5 * clvl + 3d6) * 2 against evil. At clvl 48 it would be (72 + 3d6) * 2 = 150 - 180.

Note that calc is different with paladin. Paladin Orb is weaker even that spell is same, and IIRC it also has smaller radius at higher levels.

Don't remember how much weaker, I rarely play paladins, they are boring IMO.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote