AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old November 29, 2018, 16:42   #31
Sideways
Swordsman

Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauzentBlitz View Post
I think the ammo break chances on the Sniper's Holy Shot might be off... I haven't been keeping an exact count but it feels much higher than the 4% chance listed in my stats.

Also, the shots that guarantee ammo break don't mention it at all, either. When browsed they still say 4%.
Yeah, the breakage chances listed don't account for sniping at all. I'll fix that, thanks for reporting.

Holy Shot has a 40% breakage chance.
Old November 29, 2018, 17:04   #32
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
I think that's the first time I've seen someone report "this seems to be failing way more often than it should" and they were actually right.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2018, 02:31   #33
Benly
Rookie

Benly is on a distinguished road
Playing a Possessor and occupying Robin Hood's body, I used the Major Trap power and got a trap that, when the enemy triggered it, spawned a huge pool full of giant piranhas which were all hostile to me. This is kind of hilarious, but is it supposed to work like that?
Benly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2018, 03:33   #34
Sideways
Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benly View Post
Playing a Possessor and occupying Robin Hood's body, I used the Major Trap power and got a trap that, when the enemy triggered it, spawned a huge pool full of giant piranhas which were all hostile to me. This is kind of hilarious, but is it supposed to work like that?
I had to look that up. The piranhas should always generate as friendly if you're a Rogue, but can generate as either friendly or hostile for classes other than Rogue.

As a Possessor you don't count as a Rogue, even though you're occupying Robin Hood's body (and Robin Hood's pseudo-class is Rogue). Possibly I should make the trap check your pseudo-class so you'd always get friendly piranhas in Robin's body.
Old November 30, 2018, 03:41   #35
Benly
Rookie

Benly is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
I had to look that up. The piranhas should always generate as friendly if you're a Rogue, but can generate as either friendly or hostile for classes other than Rogue.

As a Possessor you don't count as a Rogue, even though you're occupying Robin Hood's body (and Robin Hood's pseudo-class is Rogue). Possibly I should make the trap check your pseudo-class so you'd always get friendly piranhas in Robin's body.
I see! Thanks for the response. I thought it was pretty funny but it does kind of interfere with the ability's usefulness.
Benly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1, 2018, 05:03   #36
CyclopsSlayer
Swordsman

CyclopsSlayer is on a distinguished road
Item use bug?

Playing a werewolf char at Clvl 8 so with terrible Int/Wis currently. A _traps has a 75% failure chance in Wolf form. I have the option 'Automatically detect traps while running' set to ON.

If I run to the edge of a Trap detected zone it seems to trigger the staff or scroll without fail, while using them manually it fails as expected.

Is it doing multiple tries behind the scenes and not reporting it, or is it using a seeming 100% success method?

edit: Have the quest _Enlightenment now, 92% fail, and it works seemingly without fall with Auto map while running is on.
CyclopsSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3, 2018, 13:18   #37
CyclopsSlayer
Swordsman

Suggestion

Much as Werewolves have troubles with Silver, should the 'evil' races have an issue with 'holy' equipment?
It just seems wrong for my Balrog to be running around with a Long Sword (Blessed)?
Old December 3, 2018, 17:22   #38
Sideways
Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsSlayer View Post
Playing a werewolf char at Clvl 8 so with terrible Int/Wis currently. A _traps has a 75% failure chance in Wolf form. I have the option 'Automatically detect traps while running' set to ON.

If I run to the edge of a Trap detected zone it seems to trigger the staff or scroll without fail, while using them manually it fails as expected.

Is it doing multiple tries behind the scenes and not reporting it, or is it using a seeming 100% success method?

edit: Have the quest _Enlightenment now, 92% fail, and it works seemingly without fall with Auto map while running is on.
Yeah, devices always work when used for auto-detection (same as with auto-identify). That's simply to save time and get the same thing done in the end anyway, which I've always presumed (and presumably the original auto-detection coder presumed too) is what people who like auto-detection want

The only exception is that Berserkers still retain their 100% fail.

Interesting idea about the evil races. Would help nerf Balrogs a bit maybe
Old December 3, 2018, 18:13   #39
CyclopsSlayer
Swordsman

re: Auto skills
Seems somewhat like an exploit. heh.
Reach the edge of a Mapped area, Click _Enlightenment 20 times before it works, or, autorun and tap a move key immediately to break it, but have the detect go off 100%. hmm...

=-=-=-
Playing a Balrog Chaos-Warrior atm, and that is all you need to nerf a Balrog, lol. Just had my stats shufflef at L20, I can barely hold my Long Sword now...
Old December 10, 2018, 15:32   #40
TauzentBlitz
Rookie

TauzentBlitz is on a distinguished road
On a skillmaster with throwing, dual wielding weapons causes the second weapon to get better stats (Higher multiplier and catch chance) in the character sheet.

The Ring monster race desperately needs some way to boost its max HP. With 10 base hp going past floor 35-ish is suicide without grinding out every single resistance (which takes a very long time at that depth), and I'm not sure you'll ever get enough hp to avoid getting 1-shot by a bad mana storm.

Last edited by TauzentBlitz; December 10, 2018 at 15:52.
TauzentBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frogcomposband