Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Old August 15, 2019, 19:07   #11
Gwarl
Knight

Gwarl is on a distinguished road
just got done porting the customiseable gcu port subwindows code from poschengband into latest V (and 3.2.0 while 4.1.3 was giving me segfaults)

that will be part of the standard to work toward for restoring other variants, I've sent Nick the file so hopefully it'll appear in future updates. the modifications retain support for the much simpler (and less flexible) -n4 style syntax

now I am free to work on adding a site feature to allow the customization for variants which support it so I can customise my kangband subwindow layout
Gwarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2019, 17:38   #12
Gwarl
Knight

I've ported the subwindow handling to the following versions:

2.9.3, 3.2.0, 3.4.1, 3.5.1, 4.0.5, 4.1.3

which is a list still three shorter than the number on the site. I will get around to 3.0.6, 3.1.2v2 and 3.3.0 in due course.
Old August 19, 2019, 01:33   #13
Gwarl
Knight

2.9.3 updates: changed the monster list window colours to conform better to later versions (trivia: Tome2 uses the original, unaltered patch) and added a user interface option "toggle_xp" from Zangband (shows xp to next level rather than total in the character display)
Old August 20, 2019, 13:37   #14
Gwarl
Knight

I have compiled the Benbands!

Copying h-system.h from 2.9.0 over the versions present in 2.7.4-2.8.3 allows them to compile and from there just fix the L64 bug and you're set.

I also attempted 2.7.1v2 which is up on AngbandPlus despite rephial's claim that 2.7.4 is the oldest benband with surviving source code. This version still resembled older versions and while I could persuade it to compile it won't run. This version lacks 'gcu' or 'ncurses' support and only provides a frontend for 'Actual Unix Curses'

AngbandPlus also provided me with 2.6.1 (the archive present on rephial will not extract for me). This is a different beast entirely, and while I eventually got it to compile using subtle trickery, as with 2.7.1v2, it will not run.

2.7.4 is the first version which resembles angband in terms of file and code structure. By 2.8.0 it looks like angband as a game as well - previous to these points, angband looks like a moria variant, and not like angband.
Old August 26, 2019, 14:35   #15
Gwarl
Knight

Fixed an incredibly minor but incredibly annoying bug where the cursor wouldn't hide on the linux GCU port. It just *looks* nicer now.

Copied the fix from a 3.0.6 fix submitted by Alexander Ulyanov
Old October 25, 2019, 20:50   #16
Gwarl
Knight

https://github.com/OwenGHB/starband/...eamband-0.4.1L

Steamband 0.4.1L

It was surprisingly up to date in some ways for a 2.9.3 variant, e.g. it had already implemented the above fix for 3.0.6