Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > The real world > Idle chatter

Old February 1, 2013, 22:56   #11
half
Knight

half is on a distinguished road
I haven't played this, but I'm so glad I checked out that skill tree. Wow. It is a good example of just astounding the player. People will remember this game just for the skill tree if nothing else.
half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2013, 10:50   #12
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Well, I'm now at cl32 at the start of Act III, and really loving the game. There's a *huge* jump in difficulty at the end of Act II - I've gone from cruising to really having to use every tactical device I can think of (and still dying pretty regularly).

I'm now looking for an item with three red and one green sockets - I don't really care what mods it has. Quite an interesting reversal.
Old February 16, 2013, 16:03   #13
HallucinationMushroom
Knight

HallucinationMushroom is on a distinguished road
Yeah, after tinkering with some of my settings and maybe some help from patches from GGG, I've been able to play a lot these last few weeks with no problems. I'm currently clvl 49, and am starting act3 also, but on cruel difficulty. I have to agree about the difficulty spike at the end of act2. Vaal Oversoul was the first thing to kill me (twice). The same spike occurred for me at the end of act 2 cruel... I cruised act 1 and 2 cruel, but I was able to kill Vaal without dying this time at least.

I'm really enjoying my character a lot more now, he utilizes a lot more skills. (Heavy strike, cleave, warlords curse?, endurance cry?, rejuv. totem, blood magic, leap slam, occasionally flicker strike) He regularly dishes out 3000dps, which makes me very happy. I'm also looking for a 4L r,r,r,g! Haha. I have a really good 5 socket armor that I have burned perhaps 12 fusing gems on, and I've yet to get 4L, much less 5. It is r,r,r,r,g. I need the green for faster physical attacks. I now understand the insanity of the trade chat... getting the crafting side of POE to work has a low chance of working satisfactorily.

Have you managed any artifact drops yet? I have found 2. Hrimsorrow... and Hrimsorrow.
Old February 16, 2013, 16:31   #14
debo
Veteran

debo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallucinationMushroom View Post
Vaal Oversoul was the first thing to kill me (twice).
I thought this said "Veal Oversoul". That would be the awesomest boss ever. The souls of all the baby cows ever eaten UNITE
debo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2013, 16:40   #15
HallucinationMushroom
Knight

Now I'm hungry.
Old February 16, 2013, 17:29   #16
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Quote:
Yeah, after tinkering with some of my settings and maybe some help from patches from GGG, I've been able to play a lot these last few weeks with no problems. I'm currently clvl 49, and am starting act3 also, but on cruel difficulty. I have to agree about the difficulty spike at the end of act2. Vaal Oversoul was the first thing to kill me (twice). The same spike occurred for me at the end of act 2 cruel... I cruised act 1 and 2 cruel, but I was able to kill Vaal without dying this time at least.

I'm really enjoying my character a lot more now, he utilizes a lot more skills. (Heavy strike, cleave, warlords curse?, endurance cry?, rejuv. totem, blood magic, leap slam, occasionally flicker strike) He regularly dishes out 3000dps, which makes me very happy. I'm also looking for a 4L r,r,r,g! Haha. I have a really good 5 socket armor that I have burned perhaps 12 fusing gems on, and I've yet to get 4L, much less 5. It is r,r,r,r,g. I need the green for faster physical attacks. I now understand the insanity of the trade chat... getting the crafting side of POE to work has a low chance of working satisfactorily.

Have you managed any artifact drops yet? I have found 2. Hrimsorrow... and Hrimsorrow.
Yeah this is definitely not a Derakon game - unique drops are insanely rare. I must have logged a couple of hundred hours at least, and I've found precisely one unique: the crude bow. It dropped from my ranger's first kill, which was pretty sweet, but she's outgrown it now.

One thing I do find odd is how few different attacks I use. It's basically dual strike for everything (way more DPS than any other single-target attack), and cleave for crowd control. I also have double strike, heavy strike, frenzy and a whole load of other stuff, but they just don't compete. I'm trying to practice a frenzy-dual strike combo so that I can maintain maxed frenzy charges, but it's irritatingly difficult unless I put frenzy on right click, which means cleave gets relegated to a key. (I can't really use middle click because it's my scroll wheel, so I end up zooming all over the place.)

I find I have way more skill gems than my characters need - is there a trade market for them?
Old February 16, 2013, 20:31   #17
HallucinationMushroom
Knight

Unless you have gems with increased quality, I don't think so. A 15% increased quality faster physical attacks went for a boatload the other day on the trade forums. If I could ever find something worth bartering I might do more trading, but I've yet to really find anything excellent that I also didn't need.
Old February 18, 2013, 18:57   #18
HallucinationMushroom
Knight

Just curious, are you playing hardcore?

Oh, and if you haven't seen act 3 yet, you're in for a treat. I didn't care much for the first half of act 3... perhaps my least favorite part of the whole game... but the last half of act 3 is awesome, it left me wanting an act 4. I read somewhere they are planning on releasing more acts in the future, so I hope that's true.
Old February 18, 2013, 22:53   #19
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Quote:
Just curious, are you playing hardcore?

Oh, and if you haven't seen act 3 yet, you're in for a treat. I didn't care much for the first half of act 3... perhaps my least favorite part of the whole game... but the last half of act 3 is awesome, it left me wanting an act 4. I read somewhere they are planning on releasing more acts in the future, so I hope that's true.
Well I've now completed Act 3, up to and including having my butt handed to me on a plate within seconds by the final boss. Man I need to get used to leaving portals open.

I too hope there are more acts - though I confess I'm quite keen to check out nightmare mode (or whatever it's called).

No I generally don't play HC. Not because I don't like dying, but because I don't like losing items.
Old February 19, 2013, 17:24   #20
HallucinationMushroom
Knight

Oh, that is good to know. I was considering playing a hc next, but I didn't realize you lost your items... that puts an extra sting in being demoted to default league. I don't play hc because I never really get a chance to focus on playing, and half the time I'm playing with one hand since I'm bouncing a baby, or a glass of scotch, or something like that.