AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > The real world > Idle chatter

Old September 21, 2013, 15:24   #21
debo
Veteran

debo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
I'm guessing that too. By "join club" you could have got a lot better equipment than without, but that is not cheap, far from it. Rather expensive IMO even for a lot better game. I guess game developers got greedy and this game will die and get forgotten.
The multiplayer component may keep people paying. I imagine the MTG will pull in a lot of people from that community, and they're already sort of used to paying for stuff just to play...

Total conjecture on my part though
Old September 26, 2013, 22:15   #22
HallucinationMushroom
Knight

HallucinationMushroom is on a distinguished road
Level 10, burnout.

It was fun, a lot of fun! If I felt like learning the endgame stuff, I would take my knocks and build a flexible deck... but I don't want to. So, I spent my 120 pizza, opened up some chests, and got 1 card that made me smile. The all dwarfs draw a card. I was running an all dwarf (surprised?) fighter fighter paladin.

My first ever card game. Never played MtG, or Pokemon, or any of that stuff. Not my thing. I don't mind the random draw... but, I don't like that each player will have different cards, which is sort of the whole point. I much prefer games where each side has the same thing... like chess. I play 2 lightning or blitz chess games a day. Also, I *love* Frozen Synapse. Each side has the same squad, and it's violently exciting. It doesn't hurt that I'm really good at Frozen Synapse, and pretty rubbish at Cardhunter. Time to fire up Frozen Synapse and see if anybody still plays...
Old September 27, 2013, 17:58   #23
half
Knight

half is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallucinationMushroom View Post
Level 10, burnout.
I'm at level 10 as well, and have also mostly had enough. I really like the basic system -- the size, layout and graphics of the combat arenas, the facing rules, the line of sight, the course grained actions, zone of control etc. I don't think the card design is tight enough though, and the pace of getting equipment upgrades strikes me as far too slow. You can play for a few hours and only upgrade one slot on one character by a small amount.
half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2013, 00:41   #24
Timo Pietilš
Prophet

Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by half View Post
I'm at level 10 as well, and have also mostly had enough. I really like the basic system -- the size, layout and graphics of the combat arenas, the facing rules, the line of sight, the course grained actions, zone of control etc. I don't think the card design is tight enough though, and the pace of getting equipment upgrades strikes me as far too slow. You can play for a few hours and only upgrade one slot on one character by a small amount.
It also lacks that MtG combo feature. Otherwise normal cards with right card combo and your opponent is toast. Instead this game has just few types of non-interesting general damage. Also "big deck of cards is worse than small deck of cards", which works just opposite in the game: when you advance in level you get more cards which makes absolutely crap cards appearing in your hand more likely.

I too think that equipment upgrades are too slow. Also I got several items requiring those power tokens that were not any better than items that didn't.

Good game idea, but it could be better.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote