Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old March 6, 2021, 22:42   #1
GrimaTheBold
Apprentice

GrimaTheBold is on a distinguished road
Frog - Use of Life Rating?

I've never paid attention to it before, when I drink Self Knowledge in the past I've only looked at the stat maxes, and only drank New Life if the maxes were crummy. But I've seen a lot of comments about New Lifeing for Life Rating.

My CL30 Mage drank his first Self Knowledge and has a LR of 19/76. How do I interpret that? Am I correct in assuming that 38 would be an average Life Rating, and this character will have unusually low HP?

I actually like my stat maxes, especially the 110 Int and the 120 Con. Would it make sense to New Life when I get my first potion due to the 19 Life Rating, even at the risk of worse stat maxes?
GrimaTheBold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2021, 13:28   #2
Sideways
Knight

Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaTheBold View Post
I've never paid attention to it before, when I drink Self Knowledge in the past I've only looked at the stat maxes, and only drank New Life if the maxes were crummy. But I've seen a lot of comments about New Lifeing for Life Rating.

My CL30 Mage drank his first Self Knowledge and has a LR of 19/76. How do I interpret that? Am I correct in assuming that 38 would be an average Life Rating, and this character will have unusually low HP?

I actually like my stat maxes, especially the 110 Int and the 120 Con. Would it make sense to New Life when I get my first potion due to the 19 Life Rating, even at the risk of worse stat maxes?
I would drink the first !NewLife, unless you feel really comfortable with your current HP and don't think you need any more (I doubt this on a squishy character like a mage, but bostock might feel otherwise...) or your mutations are absolutely great (e.g. extra legs and telepathy). There's a fairly lengthy section on life ratings and !NewLife in the FAQ.