Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 14, 2014, 21:13   #21
Derakon
Prophet
 
Derakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,845
Derakon is on a distinguished road
It's been ages since I played, but I'm pretty sure you get a saving throw -- that is, cursed gear is a potential side-effect of a successful curse spell.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2014, 20:12   #22
Fnord
Scout
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 37
Fnord is on a distinguished road
As a Death Sword:

* Do you get bonuses from eating unIDed weapons?
* Do you get negative bonuses from eating weapons with such (i.e. -hit, -ac etc)?
* Do negative or dubious properties build up (quake?)?
Fnord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2014, 21:11   #23
chris
PosChengband Maintainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 697
chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
As a Death Sword:

* Do you get bonuses from eating unIDed weapons?
* Do you get negative bonuses from eating weapons with such (i.e. -hit, -ac etc)?
* Do negative or dubious properties build up (quake?)?
Yes. No. No.

It's all good with the Death Sword. In fact, if you are lazy, you can just autodestroy all weapons and you still gain essences, though you don't get to know what you actually drained (You just grow stronger).
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2014, 06:02   #24
riftor_77
Rookie
 
riftor_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: 7 floors above a dungeon
Posts: 13
riftor_77 is on a distinguished road
On an unrelated note, question about new two handed weapon fighting mechanics. I am a paladin wielding a longsword and a broadsword. I have reached Skilled for both weapons, but my dual wielding still reads "Unskilled" despite having used these weapons since birth. Am I doing something wrong? How do the new dual wielding mechanics work?
riftor_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2014, 06:42   #25
Arjen
Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 32
Posts: 232
Arjen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by riftor_77 View Post
On an unrelated note, question about new two handed weapon fighting mechanics. I am a paladin wielding a longsword and a broadsword. I have reached Skilled for both weapons, but my dual wielding still reads "Unskilled" despite having used these weapons since birth. Am I doing something wrong? How do the new dual wielding mechanics work?
You start training dual wield when you attack with (any) 2 weapons. But it's a slow skill, so give it time to raise. It will happen, but the start might be tough with it's low accuracy. Your weaponskill is a different stackable skill. !oHeriosm can help if you don't hit enough.
Arjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2014, 02:13   #26
krazyhades
Swordsman
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 405
krazyhades is on a distinguished road
Also as far as I know, it's easier to train it with lighter weapons at first. Not sure mechanically why (whether it's accuracy and you need to hit, or just a hard rule, or what), but it's real.
krazyhades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2014, 20:24   #27
klassik
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: virginia, usa
Posts: 69
klassik is on a distinguished road
i have a question.

my ring of protection gives warning.
but i get messages that it glows different colors when i enter the same store. what is it trying to tell me?
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2014, 23:31   #28
chris
PosChengband Maintainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 697
chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by klassik View Post
i have a question.

my ring of protection gives warning.
but i get messages that it glows different colors when i enter the same store. what is it trying to tell me?
It's warning you about uniques. In town, this is probably Farmer Maggot or Lion Heart.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2014, 17:38   #29
wobbly
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 1,034
wobbly is on a distinguished road
What's the maximum weapon weight on a ninja? Obviously less then the weight of a jo staff, which was a little disapointing as it fit in my head when I took a draconian ninja.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2014, 22:40   #30
chris
PosChengband Maintainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 697
chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
What's the maximum weapon weight on a ninja? Obviously less then the weight of a jo staff, which was a little disapointing as it fit in my head when I took a draconian ninja.
There is no maximum weight, but there are severe weapon restrictions. Ninjas may only wield various types of daggers and smallish swords. You should get a message about not being comfortable with other weapons (e.g. a jo staff) and should also notice a rather large penalty to hit.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Danger Mechanic? wobbly Sil 0 September 8, 2013 08:31
[Mist] Dodge/Parry mechanic Mikko Lehtinen Variants 14 January 27, 2013 11:00
Curse-breaking mechanic idea ekolis Variants 0 September 19, 2012 01:51
new player - mystic - unconscious mechanic dve82 Vanilla 43 May 30, 2011 19:04
Mechanic idea for a variant...monster generator Jude Variants 44 November 19, 2008 20:44


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.