AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old January 29, 2017, 12:08   #31
Regalia
Apprentice

Regalia is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 View Post
Do Potions of Learning and those "Scrolls that let the player learn more spells" (I can't remember what they're called) work on Skillmasters?? i.e. Will the Skillmasters get extra points from these??
Oh sweet summer child... ekhm. I seriously doubt you can go above the 15 point limit. That would make the whole class pretty overpowered.
E: Having said that, I never checked "in-game'. Nothing in code of what I can see.
E: Checked and it 'does nothing'.

Last edited by Regalia; January 31, 2017 at 19:17.
Regalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2017, 15:22   #32
Narsil
Rookie

Narsil is on a distinguished road
I can't start poschengband - it says that MSVCR100.dll is missing, despite that I habe all Microsoft Visual C++ libraries up to date. Why?
Narsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2017, 18:20   #33
Regalia
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsil View Post
I can't start poschengband - it says that MSVCR100.dll is missing, despite that I habe all Microsoft Visual C++ libraries up to date. Why?
This would typically mean that the application in question cannot localize the library (missing path entry? directory permissions?). Whatever the reason, try copying it directly into the game folder.
Old February 1, 2017, 18:37   #34
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately, the downloaded version of poschengband is andebug build. You need to get the correct version of the debug runtime library.
Edit: alternately, you could tweak the V version of Makefile.win to compile Pos. I've done that many times--most recently to build Sil using MinGW. It takes about 5-10 minutes.

Last edited by Pete Mack; February 1, 2017 at 18:47.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2, 2017, 19:05   #35
Regalia
Apprentice

Anyone happens to know how to hide portions of item inscriptions? I seem to remember there was a way (inscriptions were invisible past a set of certain characters) but I just cannot make it work.

On another note, any way to make macros/keymaps visible in the Mogaminator? Mine only show up when you are on their line. Only brackets are visible otherwise (they work just fine though).

Edit2: The # character moves portion of the description in front of the item type... but that's not exactly what I want.

Last edited by Regalia; February 15, 2017 at 14:49.
Old February 3, 2017, 08:17   #36
Mocht
Rookie

Mocht is on a distinguished road
I always play with the Smart cheat option on and I'm not sure if it does much
Has anyone played with that option both on and off, does it make much difference
Mocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3, 2017, 08:52   #37
Mocht
Rookie

I have 2 suggestions:

(1) When the player finishes the thieves quest and the wargs quest and perhaps some other quests, instead of the reward being hard coded (and thus having to tailor it to each class) let the player choose the reward from a list
So the player could choose a melee weapon or an item suitable for a spellcaster, and so on
And if the player chooses a melee weapon, let them choose if they want a sword or a hafted weapon and so on, and perhaps give them the option of getting a 1-handed or a 2-handed item of that kind

(2) When the player starts off in the starting town, make it so that the shops are guaranteed to have all the low level stuff
So the shops are guaranteed to have lanterns, oil, low level shields, low level 1 and 2-handed swords, low level 1 and 2-handed hafted weapons, ..., beginner spellbooks for all realms, potions of cure serious wounds, scrolls of recall, scrolls of teleport, and so on
Old February 3, 2017, 08:59   #38
Mocht
Rookie

I have a 3rd suggestion:

For some quests, how about have the quest be at 5 difficulty levels, where 1 is the quest as it is now, and 5 is much, much more deadly than it is now; and let the player choose the difficulty of the quest
And the higher danger/difficulty settings of the quests give better rewards upon completion and perhaps more fame
Old February 3, 2017, 13:32   #39
Regalia
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocht View Post
I have [3] suggestions:
I'll give my 3 cents.

(1) Or maybe gold. I always sell that weapon to get much needed ?id or !ccw or ?teleport.
(2) Meh, it takes 10 seconds to restart if you're missing something. And if you don't, it makes for a fun game. For example when there are no ?teleport and you want to travel across wilderness.
(3) That screams to me: take the highest anyway or suffer from a severe lack of perfectionism :/. And since you say to make 5 much more deadly... I'm not sure how much more deadly can I take .
Old February 3, 2017, 21:57   #40
murphy
Apprentice

murphy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 View Post
Do Potions of Learning and those "Scrolls that let the player learn more spells" (I can't remember what they're called) work on Skillmasters?? i.e. Will the Skillmasters get extra points from these??
scroll of spell, nope, i read one and it said 'nothing happens'
murphy is offline   Reply With Quote