Knight

Gwarl is on a distinguished road
Seems we're back
Gwarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2019, 23:07   #332
Nivim
Apprentice

Nivim is on a distinguished road
Seems the experimental webserver has become more experimental again today; there was a server restart a couple hours ago as Gwarl updated interface, and said interface has not been functional for me since. I was originally just going to wait until Gwarl fixed it or reverted it, but then discovered this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by angband.live
Currently there are 5 users online playing 3 games
Followed by this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by angband.live
Currently there are 8 users online playing 4 games
Which implies quite heavily that this new problem is just for me; any idea why would none of the buttons be attached to any functions and the text boxes and drop-downs all empty?

Edit: I was still able to log out, as well as log back in, successfully. It didn't help though.
Nivim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2019, 00:31   #333
Gwarl
Knight

Nothing drastic changed. Are you loading cached versions of the scripts or something?
Old April 12, 2019, 00:46   #334
Nivim
Apprentice

Forced a complete refresh a few times now; I can watch it work since it reloads the large background image, but I also tried navigating from the page source to its scripts and force-refreshing each of those, just in case it was something insane like that. Another thing that isn't the problem is that neither my script blocker nor ad blocker is blocking anything on the page (although I normally leave the fonts blocked).

I will stay logged in there under this account name, so you can at least confirm that is working on your side as well as mine.
Old April 12, 2019, 00:52   #335
Gwarl
Knight

None of your accounts are registered as being logged on. It's late and I'm trying to figure out how some of the css works (I shrunk the chat box) but I'll try to catch you online tomorrow and we can work through it.
Old April 12, 2019, 01:03   #336
Nivim
Apprentice

I can confirm that the box which would have chat looks different now; it's half the size, with an equal sized box above it that says "- home", and the box one'd usually type in came pre-filled with what looked like color information (parenthesis and commas delimiting six numbers between 0 and 255). Typing something in and trying to enter it doesn't even clear the box, of course.

Edit: On some sites, having script-blocking at all, even if it isn't active, causes the site to switch to the smartphone version; might it be something like that?
Edit2: Nope; went safe-mode and still broken. I'm going to guess it's an underlying component version issue?
Edit3: The site is apparently still changing; the two boxes are now more reasonably proportioned at 3/1 chat/other.
Edit4: And despite not being truly logged on, apparently my fake login can still be kicked. (And it's still taking the right password and no other.)

Last edited by Nivim; April 12, 2019 at 01:14.
Old April 12, 2019, 01:37   #337
Gwarl
Knight

I had added a jquery plugin that I ended up not using. I've taken it away now. Hopefully that works. Anything further will have to wait until tomorrow.
Old April 14, 2019, 00:55   #338
Gwarl
Knight

We are worried about you Nivim
Old April 14, 2019, 03:38   #339
Nivim
Apprentice

Oh, sorry! I got distracted going through things that might be a problem and spending my internet/computer time on looking up obscure functions and bug reports and changelogs; angband.live interface still doesn't work for me, but I found a couple completely unrelated problems, like how there are circumstances where my fonts freak out and turn ff or fi into random unrelated symbols, but those circumstances were also ones where I thought the effect was decorative.

Don't worry, I'll figure things out before too long.
Old April 14, 2019, 03:49   #340
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
you sure you didn't just eat some mushrooms of ah... emergency?
wobbly is online now   Reply With Quote