AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old June 13, 2017, 21:37   #201
Nomad
Knight

Nomad is on a distinguished road
Oops, looks like this "seeing through doors" issue is back/still happening:

Code:

High-Elf                                                                        
Swordsman                                                                       
Warrior                                                                         
LEVEL     14                                                                    
NXT      156                                                                    
AU      2142                                                                    
|}== ~[  ]]]                                                                    
STR:   18/30                                                                    
INT:      11                                                                    
WIS:       7                                  h                                 
DEX:   18/50                     #############+##                               
CON:      13                     .............<.#                               
                                 ########.......#                               
Cur AC    51                            ####..@.#                               
HP  173/ 173                               ###..#                               
                                             #...                               
                                             #..                                
[**********]                                                                    

750' (L15)                                                                      
             LF:2-?                                                             

Savefile attached this time, in case it's helpful.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LoS_ClosedDoor.zip (19.6 KB, 14 views)
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2017, 22:58   #202
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
Do you consider it a bug for non-fire immune monsters to be pushed onto lava when non-lava spaces are available for them? Do you consider it a bug for non-fire immune monsters to exist on lava squares without apparently taking any damage? If so, these are two bugs.
Probably not (I don't think the pushed monster gets a say in it) and yes.
Old June 13, 2017, 23:02   #203
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandrc View Post
You could panic save to different location. Attempt to load panic-save file if it exists. If that load fails, load the default (auto-save) file. If it succeeds, move it to the default location, else unlink it.
That sounds sensible - I will look into it, although it's now less urgent because...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandrc View Post
It was g8886dc4.
...that was before I removed the probably cause of the level generation crashes. This is good news, because I now know of no other crash bugs. Except...

Quote:
In the latest nightly, after killing Morgoth, for kicks @ donned the Massive Iron Crown, wielded Grond, and descended the stairs. Instant CRASH. Idiot, me, did not save the game prior to descending. I will try to reproduce it with a savefile, if I can.
...this one.
Old June 13, 2017, 23:20   #204
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Savefile attached this time, in case it's helpful.
Thanks, enormously helpful. Now fixed in development.
Old June 14, 2017, 05:56   #205
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Not a bug, but it is ironic when a "blessed" weapon is {cursed}.
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2017, 06:03   #206
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Bring back the warrior's extra blow. The way things stand now, Half-Troll warrior is a huge drag. I'm stuck using Aglarang when I have lots of nice heavy weapons at home. This just seems like bad role-playing. A half troll warrior should be able to use a heavy club.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2017, 07:07   #207
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Probably not (I don't think the pushed monster gets a say in it) and yes.
So, pushed past now really means swapped places with? It used to be that pushed monsters didn't necessarily swap places with the pusher if other squares were available for the pushee (not lava). Similar to @ nimbly dodging falling debris. But maybe I'm misremembering. In any event, those Vampires standing on lava should be taking massive damage, they are, after all, particularly susceptible to fire. But it looks like they are standing on the lava with impunity.
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2017, 13:50   #208
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
So, pushed past now really means swapped places with? It used to be that pushed monsters didn't necessarily swap places with the pusher if other squares were available for the pushee (not lava). Similar to @ nimbly dodging falling debris. But maybe I'm misremembering.
I've just done a couple of random checks - 3.5.1 and 3.0.3 - and it was still just straight swap places in both of those. More interesting pushing is certainly something to think about post-4.1, though.

Quote:
In any event, those Vampires standing on lava should be taking massive damage, they are, after all, particularly susceptible to fire. But it looks like they are standing on the lava with impunity.
Yes, I suspect this is the case, and it needs fixing.
Old June 14, 2017, 14:11   #209
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
Bring back the warrior's extra blow. The way things stand now, Half-Troll warrior is a huge drag. I'm stuck using Aglarang when I have lots of nice heavy weapons at home. This just seems like bad role-playing. A half troll warrior should be able to use a heavy club.
As far as I can determine, the current blows system has been in place since at least 3.2.0; I don't know when or how did warriors lost their extra blow. If we were making lists of things to revert to their pre-2010 state, I don't know how high this would be on mine

This seems like quite a good thing to examine when classes are up for re-examination post 4.1, rather than something to squeeze in at the last minute.
Old June 14, 2017, 14:18   #210
Sky
Veteran

Sky is on a distinguished road
I feel Ancalong should squish mobs like Huan does. Huan is a big, horse-sized wolf. Ancalong BROKE A FREKIN MOUNTAIN BY FALLING ON IT.

Unrealted, i understand paladins and rogues now max out at 5 blows?

Gibe back extra blow for warriors nau plos.
Come on, let me "i suck at everything but at least i can rekk you".
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote