AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old February 11, 2011, 17:36   #11
bulian
Adept

bulian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
stats now restore on level-up
Wow, thats a brilliant idea. I'm amazed at the amount of development work going into the game since a major release just occurred. Kudos to the developers.

Philip, back off on DOS350. You've double responded to half of his posts. Your disdain for his way of playing is clear.
bulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2011, 17:40   #12
Philip
Knight

Philip is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dos350 View Post
no timo, ur wrong, i want a game that is fun to play, how i like to play, not some nazi camp u want for everyone,

and pample, yes remove maximize isnt ajoke, its a ticket open~ http://trac.rephial.org/ticket/1297 (interesting??? not to me!!!)
This appears to be a post that is more interesting than your later one. NAZI CAMP?? Really. I am a bit surprised although I should not be, you have made these allegations before. Maybe it is being considered for what I know, and interesting is IMO just meant to be food for thought, but I won't mind whatever happens. In your later post you deny screwing up polls, so I would introduce you to exhibit A, 17. post.
and exhibit B, which is slightly more recent, this time 22. post.
Does the defense have anything to say about this? Slightly more seriously, you, although you keep telling us about our rage, are the only one insulting anyone, which is also directly the topic of 1/4 or so of your posts, another 1/2 are insulting the development and the last 1/4 is about the joys of stairscumming. You have also shown, over time, quite a hatred of Timo, who gave it back, and I am not in the least surprised.
EDIT@bulian. Yeah, I guess you're right. I can't resist feeding the troll, I'll ignore him now. Is there an ignore function?
EDIT2. Ah, I see, I am also displaying a bit of rage here. I will not change the post though, I'll just try to be nicer to him in the future, if I decide to respond to him again.

Last edited by Philip; February 11, 2011 at 17:48.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2011, 17:40   #13
dos350
Knight

dos350 is on a distinguished road
ty bullian, thats a fact!

ee, btw yes as a matter of fact i do like the restore on lvl up,
but imo it would be even better with stat potions still there!

thats not to say i think its better than just the pots, its not~ imo!

edit, please phillip, uve told me

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++
dos350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2011, 17:48   #14
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
ee, btw yes as a matter of fact i do like the restore on lvl up,
but imo it would be even better with stat potions still there!

thats not to say i think its better than just the pots, its not~ imo!
Every single post I have seen from you regarding difficulty is a request for the game to not be made harder or for the game to be made easier. Face it, mate, you're on the losing side of this argument. Unless you can provide a coherent and convincing argument for why a particular change is bad, you're not going to accomplish anything. Just saying that you don't like it isn't good enough.

And Philip, I'm with Bulian here. You may disagree with Dos350. I disagree with him. Practically everyone does. That doesn't mean we have to be rude. Could Dos350's grammar be better? Heck yes. He could write coherent posts if he really wanted to. But we don't have to be insulting about it.

That said, Dos350, comparing the devteam and veterans to a Nazi camp means you just lost the argument.

All in all, guys, any time you start feeling hot under the collar, remember, it's just a game. Angband is really not that important.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2011, 17:49   #15
fizzix
Prophet

fizzix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
ive heard that before , and cunning u are very right, i shouldnt care, but i do , because i have hope for this game, and i would greatly enjoy a version that i find more fun than the current.

on the flipside , i would be sad to see a version that i dislike compared to the previous, even though i could still play old one, i think it would detract from more than the actual game..
You know...the source code is free and readily available. I knew nothing about coding in C before starting to muck around with Angband code so that I could add in changes that I liked for my own personal version. Yes it takes time and effort. But the result is that you get to play the game you like!

Git has a bit of a learning curve, but if you feel like getting that working as well, people will help you too.
fizzix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2011, 17:50   #16
dos350
Knight

dos350 is on a distinguished road
NO @!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@

ITS NOT A GAME

ITS IMPORTANT, PLEASE NO RAGE11111

sorry but that hurt my emotional cortex,

im not arguing that the game should be easier, or not hard, mate, im not asking anything, im making observations, at most im suggesting options rather than fascism, please no rage,

edit ty fizzix, yes ive looked at the source, i dont know anything about open source distribution or watever, and even if i did, i dont have any ideas for a varient... or to help actually maybe helping could be good, but i will not help make a game worse, im sorry,~

one day u will maybe see something from me here, but it probably will not be varient of angband, and if it is, it will be based on my stair campaign and everybody hating it, and timo will be morgoth

edit again~!

please though, dont let this go off topic, its serious

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++

Last edited by dos350; February 11, 2011 at 18:00.
dos350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2011, 18:24   #17
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
NO @!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@

ITS NOT A GAME

ITS IMPORTANT, PLEASE NO RAGE11111
Who's raging?
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2011, 19:27   #18
pampl
RePosBand maintainer

pampl is on a distinguished road
Again, fascism isn't the same as video game development. I understand that this is important to you but please stop comparing a change in Angband's rules to murdering 12 million innocent people for being 'undesirables'
pampl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2011, 21:51   #19
bulian
Adept

bulian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
timo will be morgoth
Oh Friday, how I should really be doing more work and less forum posting. For some reason, I found this hilarious. What other monsters would people on this forum be? That could be a fun variant... one would only hope not to end up as Lagduf...
bulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2011, 21:55   #20
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
The Complainer in FA was based on a real person, as was Draebor in V.