Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Old May 21, 2013, 15:22   #11
Hajo
Adept

Hajo is on a distinguished road
I want to continue this project, but my mother became seriously ill, and taking care of her has priority for me at the moment. The project isn't forgotten though and I wanted to let you know why there was no progress anymore all of a sudden.
Old May 21, 2013, 20:49   #12
Raajaton
Swordsman

Raajaton is on a distinguished road
Best wishes to you and your family. I wish your mother a speedy recovery, and look forward to seeing more progress on your project in the future.
Raajaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4, 2013, 14:51   #13
Hajo
Adept

My mother still is in hospital, but not in immediate danger of life anymore. I hope that soon the situation will normalize further. At least I have a little time to breath now and then again.

I've been reading the forum now and then, and I saw some interesting ideas about traps and better use of terrain features. I'm not sure if and how much I want to change the code base, but maybe I'll try to add some more variation there, too. Particularly more terrain options would compliment the graphical display.

One change that I have implemented, but which is untested yet, is to have 1 in 16 traps on a level visible right away (badly build, old age revealed it or just faulty). I hope it will work. Maybe I should scale that with depth, so that on early levels almost all traps are visisble, and the deeper one gets the better hidden the traps are?

I've also configured images for all blade class weapons, still need to do polearms and hammers/maces. And of course all the armor types. But that is just a matter of time, not a problem.

Terrain will take a longer while, at the moment I'm just gathering ideas. But I think at some point I want to separate floor and a feature on the floor, e.g. to have a floor and a door in a grid. I need to look for an easy way to implement that, which allows clean expansion of the features, without the need to change too much of the existing code. Maybe that's not possible, but I'll see.

I can't make any promises right now, but some day I hope to have time to play and test some more and publish a new release.
Old June 11, 2013, 12:22   #14
Hajo
Adept

I didn't have much time to test this release, so there is a chance that many things don't work as intented.

Change list (from memory):

- Basic sound support
- Configured a lot more item graphics
- Better cursor support e.g. for the look command
- Some traps are visible right away

Windows version, 3mb:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/yanotavar/files/r005/

I could compile the sources on Linux meanwhile, and it worked there, too. You'll have to edit the Makefile though, find the lines "for windows" and "for linux", comment out the "for windows" lines and activate the "for linux" lines. I tested this with Linux mint. I'm not good at writing makefiles, sorry for the clumsy solution.