Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old July 4, 2018, 00:44   #281
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Since you have res poison, it can't kill you in a single turn. It has a lot of HP, so you don't want to fight it. But you can pretty safely teleport it away, especially from a distance, where its breath is weaker.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2018, 01:09   #282
Petoften
Knight

Petoften is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
Polymorph is not a reliable escape; most targets you would want to use it on will resist it.

Beyond that, I'm sure you can come up with workable tactics.
I'd like to polymorph, but if he can 1 shot me when it doesn't work, not a good plan. Same with teleport other. That's why I kept the teleport scrolls.
Petoften is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2018, 01:10   #283
Petoften
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
Since you have res poison, it can't kill you in a single turn. It has a lot of HP, so you don't want to fight it. But you can pretty safely teleport it away, especially from a distance, where its breath is weaker.
Well, my logic is that if he somehow got me from 427 to 237 in one round when it says his attack missed, how much can he do round 2 if he hits?
Old July 4, 2018, 01:16   #284
Petoften
Knight

I'm not seeing any reliable approach but teleport and recall (or stairs if next to them). I'd like to kill it and see what loot it has, but not at all sure it's possible.
Old July 4, 2018, 01:17   #285
Petoften
Knight

It's even worse - I just saw the message that he missed says <3x>. In other words, he took that many HP with 0/3 hits. So he could hit 3 times...
Old July 4, 2018, 01:23   #286
Petoften
Knight

Wow was that close.

I teleported next to two mobs, one a death drake. I killed one fast but the drake was too hard so I had to teleport again with low HP.

Got to a room with several easy monsters and started killing them, in a few turns a big green breath attack hit me - the dragon had come.

I'd cast recall after the first teleport and was waiting for it to take effect.

The third teleport was way across the dungeon next to a few easy mobs but I only had 34 HP left out of 427! But I got out.
Old July 4, 2018, 01:24   #287
Petoften
Knight

Hm, is a rod of disable traps worth it... I've had traps do things like summon really nasty stuff when I try to disable them, so maybe.
Old July 4, 2018, 02:03   #288
Petoften
Knight

I got better boots of speed - +5 instead of +3 - but my weapon shows the same damage each round with either.
Old July 4, 2018, 02:09   #289
Petoften
Knight

For some reason my STR went down to 18/190. I drank a potion of strength and it didn't change.

I'm not sure but just before that I think it might have been at 187 and I drank another and it went up just 3 to 190.

Wondering if I should do anything before drinking another, why that happened. Darn thing cost 24000...
Old July 4, 2018, 02:25   #290
geoff_tewierik
Adept

geoff_tewierik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petoften View Post
For some reason my STR went down to 18/190. I drank a potion of strength and it didn't change.

I'm not sure but just before that I think it might have been at 187 and I drank another and it went up just 3 to 190.

Wondering if I should do anything before drinking another, why that happened. Darn thing cost 24000...
Look at your character screen and see if you have 18/100 for strength, anything above that will be added from your items to bring you up to 18/190 and any further item plusses will get you to the max of 18/***.
geoff_tewierik is offline   Reply With Quote