Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Sil

Old June 27, 2018, 22:42   #1
Quirk
Adept

Quirk is on a distinguished road
Sil-Q official release

Sil-Q's first official release is complete.

Please visit https://github.com/sil-quirk/sil-q/releases/tag/v1.4 to download the latest version. A Windows zip file is precompiled and waiting to be unpacked; if you're on Linux please use the source.

A complete list of changes since Sil 1.3 can be found at https://github.com/sil-quirk/sil-q/b...cs/changes.txt.

I'd like to extend thanks to everyone who's tested it and given me feedback; in particular I'd like to single out wobbly, Nivim/Thurl, MITZE and seraph for special thanks. I'd also like to thank Gwarl for supporting it on angband.live and updating it at regular intervals.

Enjoy!
Quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8, 2018, 17:32   #2
Infinitum
Adept

Infinitum is on a distinguished road
Neat! Trying it out right now. Have you implemented the skeleton containers yet? None of the ".", "o" or "u" commands seem to work.
Infinitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8, 2018, 18:51   #3
Quirk
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitum View Post
Neat! Trying it out right now. Have you implemented the skeleton containers yet? None of the ".", "o" or "u" commands seem to work.
Comma should work IIRC - on mobile and travelling right now - I think I put it in the help screens.
Old July 13, 2018, 22:08   #4
Infinitum
Adept

Infinitum is on a distinguished road
Yeah, that does it. Considered having them work as chests instead? They do share the glyph after all, and it'd cut down on feature bloat.

Died to V on my best run. He does feel killable though; not quite as nightmarishly tanky as I remember him and 49 Evasion was almost enough to avoid his earthquakes at max anger. Almost. It still allowed him to destroy my thresholds and spam pits occasionally, and 45 was by no means safe enough to keep wailing. Still, "only" packed Dagmor what with staves of treasures not dropping; on a dedicated character with a sharp weapon he should be plenty doable.

I do like the changes overall. Do you intend to keep developing it?
Infinitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14, 2018, 00:32   #5
Quirk
Adept

Quote:
Yeah, that does it. Considered having them work as chests instead? They do share the glyph after all, and it'd cut down on feature bloat.
There's a wee bit of a difference unless I have trapped skeletons - but then a skeleton sitting on a trap doesn't sound hugely unrealistic. Maybe room for more thought there.

Quote:
Died to V on my best run. He does feel killable though; not quite as nightmarishly tanky as I remember him and 49 Evasion was almost enough to avoid his earthquakes at max anger. Almost. It still allowed him to destroy my thresholds and spam pits occasionally, and 45 was by no means safe enough to keep wailing. Still, "only" packed Dagmor what with staves of treasures not dropping; on a dedicated character with a sharp weapon he should be plenty doable.
Upload it to the ladder! 49 Evasion sounds like a lot. Rip took him down with less than that. I think with a better weapon you'd have had a serious chance.

Quote:
I do like the changes overall. Do you intend to keep developing it?
I've drawn back from developing more for now, since the forum and ladder and even competition have been very quiet post-release, and there's not much point in doing it unless I feel someone's enjoying the benefit of it. I've a few other creative endeavours I'd probably prefer to be doing over it.

I'll be bug-fixing it certainly and if there are still things that aren't making the grade or common sources of complaint I'll try to do something about them, but this is only going to be the odd hour here or there. If I do get back to developing on it in earnest I'd probably be looking at some ridiculously ambitious terrain generation ideas I had.
Old July 14, 2018, 16:49   #6
mibert
Scout

mibert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirk View Post
I've drawn back from developing more for now, since the forum and ladder and even competition have been very quiet post-release, and there's not much point in doing it unless I feel someone's enjoying the benefit of it. I've a few other creative endeavours I'd probably prefer to be doing over it.
Hey, just wanted to say thank you for doing Sil-Q. I dont upload to the ladder nor do i check the forum a lot, but Sil-Q and that you keep Sil alive after all is amazing and one of the most exciting things in the roguelike scene to happen the last years in my opinion!
So thanks again, really great work!
mibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14, 2018, 16:56   #7
ripforareason
Apprentice

ripforareason is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Upload it to the ladder! 49 Evasion sounds like a lot. Rip took him down with less than that. I think with a better weapon you'd have had a serious chance.
To be fair, that character had permahaste and a sharp frost weapon. I think you'd actually do better with a greatsword against Morgoth, as opposed to a longsword. It's not like you're going to get a lot of criticals anyway, as opposed to in vanilla where you can hit 75x2's with your deathblade and +25 slaying.
ripforareason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14, 2018, 18:42   #8
Quirk
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibert View Post
Hey, just wanted to say thank you for doing Sil-Q. I dont upload to the ladder nor do i check the forum a lot, but Sil-Q and that you keep Sil alive after all is amazing and one of the most exciting things in the roguelike scene to happen the last years in my opinion!
So thanks again, really great work!
It's good to hear that mibert. Thanks.
Old July 29, 2018, 16:28   #9
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
A minor suggestion, most late game fear critters will go straight through song of staying. It would be nice if it gave actual rfear.
wobbly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 11, 2018, 21:23   #10
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
So another bug. Likely from 1.3 A cat warrior just exchanges places with me mid-leap. While I'd like to think it ended up in the chasm, well you can check what happens it's easier to see for yourself
wobbly is online now   Reply With Quote