Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old March 14, 2018, 13:55   #11
Sideways
Adept

Sideways is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

I found a really dumb bug that had somehow slipped through the cracks. It's not game-breaking, but it will make the library in Thalos inaccessible past a certain point. Downloading a fixed copy of t_thalos.txt will solve the problem without any need to recompile, my apologies to everybody.
Old March 14, 2018, 21:38   #12
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
I found a really dumb bug that had somehow slipped through the cracks. It's not game-breaking, but it will make the library in Thalos inaccessible past a certain point. Downloading a fixed copy of t_thalos.txt will solve the problem without any need to recompile, my apologies to everybody.
CC: Gwarl on this please

My YouTube channel, where I'm known as YggdrasilTid (includes my PosChengband gameplay+music):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqG...vf4c0P8ipsIeQQ

My most recent good try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2018, 06:21   #13
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Future suggestion:
Re-instate Staves of Holiness...because these grant Protection from Evil while healing the player at the same time

Also, I am wondering if Sideways and Gwarl can look into this thing (still present in CPB and FrogCompos):
http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showpos...6&postcount=28

My YouTube channel, where I'm known as YggdrasilTid (includes my PosChengband gameplay+music):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqG...vf4c0P8ipsIeQQ

My most recent good try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

Last edited by HugoTheGreat2011; March 18, 2018 at 06:30.
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2018, 07:53   #14
Mocht
Adept

Mocht is on a distinguished road
Have the Angband quest rewards been changed
In Poschengband, weaponmasters had a good chance of obtaining class specific weapons this way

Feature request: no selling option

Has the bug with maul, the Mauler skill, been fixed
Mocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2018, 11:27   #15
Mocht
Adept

I don't know if it was intended, but, compared to Poschengband, rods of detect traps drop far less often
Old March 18, 2018, 13:11   #16
Sideways
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocht View Post
Have the Angband quest rewards been changed
In Poschengband, weaponmasters had a good chance of obtaining class specific weapons this way

Feature request: no selling option

Has the bug with maul, the Mauler skill, been fixed
This one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocht View Post
I've found a bug
When my mauler was ambushed outside the volcano and he attacked a monster, the monster would move back, say, 3 squares and my character would move forward 3 squares
When I deactivated maul the problem disappeared
Maul did not cause problems earlier but the problem also happens sometimes in volcano
I think it is to do either with the tile the monster or character is on, or with nearby tiles
If there is no lava or whatever, just normal tiles, then the problem doesn't occur
At least it hasn't been fixed by me, so it's probably still there. I'll have a look at it.

Bringing back the no-selling option is on my to-do list.

Rod rarities have not been changed in any way since PosChengband. I'd guess you're seeing random variation (or playing subtly differently in some way that causes you to see fewer low-level rods). Of course, if you need a rod of detect traps, there's always the infamous 1-charge one in the Thalos arena

Angband quest rewards have not been changed, and the code that gives you tailored rewards is still there. But since both PosChengband and FrogComposband accept lots of non-weapons as "tailored", there's a lot of randomness in whether your tailored drop happens to be a weapon, and you can easily be lucky or unlucky.

Last edited by Sideways; March 18, 2018 at 13:43.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2018, 13:55   #17
Sideways
Adept

Quick poll: how many players would be upset if I made Utgard-Loke resist confusion? (Gwarl has emphatically voted against this, but I want to know if anybody else would object.)
Old March 18, 2018, 23:54   #18
Mocht
Adept

Quote:
Quick poll: how many players would be upset if I made Utgard-Loke resist confusion? (Gwarl has emphatically voted against this, but I want to know if anybody else would object.)
I would have no problem with that
Old March 19, 2018, 00:09   #19
Gwarl
Knight

Gwarl is on a distinguished road
This is like the riding thing; nobody else is going to have an opinion because nobody else takes advantage of status effects just like nobody else tries to ride things without playing beastmaster/cavalry/skillmaster (except perhaps bostock now that I've trained him).

Imagine not having opinion! That's a player who doesn't understand the usefulness of confuse.
Gwarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2018, 00:13   #20
Mocht
Adept

Quote:
This one?

At least it hasn't been fixed by me, so it's probably still there. I'll have a look at it.

Bringing back the no-selling option is on my to-do list.

Rod rarities have not been changed in any way since PosChengband. I'd guess you're seeing random variation (or playing subtly differently in some way that causes you to see fewer low-level rods). Of course, if you need a rod of detect traps, there's always the infamous 1-charge one in the Thalos arena

Angband quest rewards have not been changed, and the code that gives you tailored rewards is still there. But since both PosChengband and FrogComposband accept lots of non-weapons as "tailored", there's a lot of randomness in whether your tailored drop happens to be a weapon, and you can easily be lucky or unlucky.
Yes, that it the mauler bug I was referring too

I have played several characters and I am having a terrible time finding rods of detect traps, I never had that problem in Poschengband
So far, my experience is that they basically don't drop, and that I have to get them from black markets
I consider it to be a serious problem
I would be interested if other players have also experienced it
I haven't noticed any change in my playstyle
And if I have changed my playstyle in some way, then, not having access to rods of detect traps (and before getting rods of detection) is very dangerous to characters who need these rods
(Don't get me started on the 1 charge rod)

I haven't done a huge number of Angband quests, but, my experience is that Angband quest rewards are now just ordinary drops, the Poschengband Angband quest rewards were qualitatively better

Tags
frogcomposband