Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old October 4, 2021, 22:21   #111
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraalbee View Post
Using "x" to look around while using rogue_like_commands seems broken for "k" which should move the cursor upwards. All seven remaining directions works as before though.
Yes, this was fixed in the nightly releases a couple of days after 4.2.3 came out.
Old October 10, 2021, 02:02   #112
Malak Darkhunter
Knight

Malak Darkhunter is on a distinguished road
Hey Nick....one thing im noticing that is a little confusing is that whenb you go to purchase a book at a bookstore and you are playing one of the hybrid classes in my case a blackguard there dosent appear to be anything telling you that you cant use a spellbook...i bought the 2nd book of necromancy spells just to realize i couldnt use it or read it..some display comment when trying to browse or purchase a book you cant use for your class would be appreciated thanks.
Malak Darkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10, 2021, 02:19   #113
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak Darkhunter View Post
Hey Nick....one thing im noticing that is a little confusing is that whenb you go to purchase a book at a bookstore and you are playing one of the hybrid classes in my case a blackguard there dosent appear to be anything telling you that you cant use a spellbook...i bought the 2nd book of necromancy spells just to realize i couldnt use it or read it..some display comment when trying to browse or purchase a book you cant use for your class would be appreciated thanks.
You can tell by examining the book in the shop - if it doesn't say you can read it, then you can't.

Agreed, though, it's a bit unfriendly - I'll file a bug.
Old October 10, 2021, 07:34   #114
Kooltone
Rookie

Kooltone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
You can tell by examining the book in the shop - if it doesn't say you can read it, then you can't.

Agreed, though, it's a bit unfriendly - I'll file a bug.
I agree that there should be some noob friendly and obvious way to tell if you can read a spellbook in the store. I kept purchasing worthless books because I didn't know about the x command until a couple of days ago.

By the way Nick, keep up the good work! I'm sure maintaining game code originally written in the 90s is a pain in the neck at times.
Kooltone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12, 2021, 01:31   #115
Malak Darkhunter
Knight

so Targeting is feeling really odd to me, Granted i havent played since 4.0.5 and I really like a lot of the changes, took me awhile to figure out the targeting issue when targeting enemies that are not in numbad selection. I usually do " * " to target and then numpad 5 to fire, this does not seem to work...now it is " * " and arrow keys to move around and " t " to fire...just seems very strange to me and im wondering what brought about that change.
Old October 12, 2021, 11:57   #116
Thraalbee
Knight

Thraalbee is on a distinguished road
Post brand ammo should(?) learn rune OR remove info leak in spell

Casting ranger spell brand ammo does not result in learning the brand rune. If it results in an unknown brand, the message still clearly states which brand you created but the ammo stack rune still identifies as ?
Thraalbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13, 2021, 15:58   #117
Malak Darkhunter
Knight

dosent appear to be a way of managing ammo....bolts for instance i picked up a stack of bolts and they display in the inventory but you can't seem to drop or examine them only shoot them
Old October 13, 2021, 18:10   #118
backwardsEric
Adept

backwardsEric is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak Darkhunter View Post
dosent appear to be a way of managing ammo....bolts for instance i picked up a stack of bolts and they display in the inventory but you can't seem to drop or examine them only shoot them
Ammunition is placed in the quiver, unless it's already full. Most commands default to showing a menu for the pack, but you can switch to a menu for what's in the quiver by pressing '|'. In other words, in the original key set, you can press 'd', then '|', to select something from the quiver to drop.
backwardsEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2021, 05:17   #119
bron
Knight

Location: Saratoga, California (in the midst of Silicon Valley)
bron is on a distinguished road
Thrown Shots are doubled?

I just started a character on Angband Live, and it currently has a bunch of Iron Shots in the quiver, but no sling (or other launcher). I have the "show damage" interface option turned on, and I notice that when I hit something with a thrown ("v") Shot, the damage done is 2x, i.e. it is 2,4,6, or 8, and not 1,2,3, or 4.
bron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2021, 09:42   #120
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
A stupid question: did anyone recently experienced a problem with identify + reordering? I remember this issue but I was sure it was fixed:

- in inventory: a scroll of WoR, some unidentified scrolls, a robe +1 (??) and a robe +4 (??)
- read one of the unidentified scrolls, it's identify rune, use it on one of the robes, identifying it as robe of resist fire (the other one identified later reveals to be robe of resist lightning)
- pack reorders
- "you have no more scrolls of WoR", char gets recalled instead of using one of the identify rune scrolls

I tried to reproduce this manually (with wizard mode), but was never able to do so