Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > ToME

Old April 10, 2021, 12:00   #1
KesTheHammer
Scout

KesTheHammer is on a distinguished road
Loremaster is losing scoreboard points?!

I have a Loremaster build that focused on summoning and symbiosis.

As a result, my character do not kill a lot of monsters myself, my pets/companions do.

I've noticed that my score when I exit was plateauing at about 2.6 million points, but it has now actually been going backwards.

I've been level 50 for long and is below a previous lvl 40 sorcerer. What's up with that?

As a side note, I cast listen to the music, and identified the rod tip of home summoning, but exited the level without picking it up (I saw it in my notes), I assume that it is gone forever?
KesTheHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2021, 12:04   #2
KesTheHammer
Scout

Also, it seems like quest monsters can be polymorph Ed by chaos breath and lose the "quest" tag, leaving me to have to exit and redo a lot of princess/sword quests
Old April 10, 2021, 17:14   #3
Yottle
Scout

Yottle is on a distinguished road
You should be getting experience points for monsters that your pets are killing (but not ones killed by your companions or aligned monsters). If you have Monster Lore maxed out you get more points when your pet kills something than when you do yourself. There are some items that drain experience but that is so slow it shouldn't make any difference.
The amount of experience required to reach a level is dependent on your race. A yeek might reach level 50 at the experience a high elf might get to level 40.
If you IDed an artifact it will never be regenerated. The GRToHS is unique (IIRC) in that when unIDed it shows up as the GRToHS but I think that until you actually ID it it doesn't count as being found. If it shows up in seen artifacts it is gone.
Quest monsters can't be directly killed by other monsters but they can be crushed, poisoned, or bleed to death. Crushing doesn't count towards the quest so a Horned Reaper is not a great pet. Polymorphing is apparently the same effect.
Yottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2021, 18:26   #4
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
"Score" in many variants is roughly proportional to EXP divided by total moves. But once you hit CL 50, experience is no longer counted, since it has no real value.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2021, 11:53   #5
KesTheHammer
Scout

Thanks, this is helpful.

He would rest up to almost full mana, but then never stop resting due to the mana cost of the partial summons - until my hunger state changes.

This clearly cost me a lot of points. A "dismiss all partial" would have been useful to avoid this. Now I have to go through my pet list and hope that I don't dismiss a pet instead of partial of the same type.
Old April 14, 2021, 14:44   #6
Yottle
Scout

Yottle is on a distinguished road
The standard approach for using pets is to get a group of summoning companions (e.g. GWoP) and let them summon pets for you. That way you don't have the problems from partial summons.
Yottle is offline   Reply With Quote