Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old October 27, 2010, 04:08   #1
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Store oddities

I just grabbed the latest version off of git, and I've noticed a few minor annoyances:

* Your current gold is not displayed in the shops
* If there is a message displayed when you leave the shop, a -more- prompt displays that you must clear before you can leave (for example, sell a bolt to the store, the message "You sold a Bolt (1d5) (+0,+0) for 3 gold." appears, hit ESC, a -more-prompt appears next to the message, clear prompt, and you actually leave the store). This also shows up if e.g. you try to view your equipment right after selling something.

I dig the store listings in the knowledge menu, though.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2010, 20:26   #2
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
I just grabbed the latest version off of git, and I've noticed a few minor annoyances:

* Your current gold is not displayed in the shops
* If there is a message displayed when you leave the shop, a -more- prompt displays that you must clear before you can leave (for example, sell a bolt to the store, the message "You sold a Bolt (1d5) (+0,+0) for 3 gold." appears, hit ESC, a -more-prompt appears next to the message, clear prompt, and you actually leave the store). This also shows up if e.g. you try to view your equipment right after selling something.

I dig the store listings in the knowledge menu, though.
I'm pretty sure that Takk and others are ironing out the bugs in the git versions. That extraneous more prompt in particular has come up on #angband-dev. Didn't know about the lack of gold display though.

Please note that the store displays in the knowledge menu do not update while you're in the dungeon. They are there to avoid you having to take notes of what was in the shops last time you were in town, but there is no guarantee that anything will still be there when you return.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2010, 20:39   #3
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
I checked trac and didn't see anything related to these, but I wasn't certain if they were already known about. Hence the post. I'm glad to hear the prompt at least is known about.

It'd be nice if the character always knew what was in the stores in "realtime". Heck, and then if you could set notifications, e.g. "let me know when the black market has items with speed boosts" or "let me know if the temple gets !Heroism in stock". But that's blue-sky dreaming.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2010, 20:42   #4
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
It'd be nice if the character always knew what was in the stores in "realtime". Heck, and then if you could set notifications, e.g. "let me know when the black market has items with speed boosts" or "let me know if the temple gets !Heroism in stock". But that's blue-sky dreaming.
It would be trivially easy to code (in fact the hard work was making sure they DIDN'T update in real time), but would also be considered cheating, since there isn't anybody else bringing the news down into the dungeon ...
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote