AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Old September 10, 2011, 01:11   #11
d_m
Angband Devteam member

d_m is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nppangband View Post
I haven't tried to create a cocoa port of NPP. When was that created? It wasn't in Angband 3.1.2v2.
It was contributed by Peter Ammon (http://ridiculousfish.com) on August 30th (which also happened to be my birthday).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nppangband View Post
Thanks, and I hope your home is on high ground & not underwater these days.
We have been getting a ton of rain, but so far Philadelphia's mostly been OK (especially West Philly which is on higher ground).
Old September 10, 2011, 05:21   #12
BreathesFire
Rookie

BreathesFire is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the responses. I will look at the main SDL entry code and see if I can learn from there. I guess the first hurdle will be setting up the compiler/makefile to handle a different main and then figuring out where I can spam print messages for error tracking =p

I assumed some of the code was object designed when going through some of the z-files, since most files had all functions with similar object pointers. I'm used to coding pseudo-objects in lua, which essentially operate in that manner.

As for acid branded weapons, I'm sure I can find one within my museum... I mean my home. I just assumed that all the high end nasties resisted all elements.
BreathesFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1, 2011, 21:37   #13
artes
Adept

artes is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the development department, BreathesFire. One way to begin developing would be to search the bug tracker for the ticket that seems to be the easiest. Find the specific place in the code where a change is needed and make the change. After solving a few tickets, you will have got more used to how the code is organized and will understand it better.
artes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6, 2011, 06:12   #14
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
6. You arrive in the midst of takkaria's ambition to split the UI from the core game completely - see this article for more details. The layers are not yet properly split, so you would need to help work on that before you could easily build an opengl front-end. If you were impatient, you could just try writing main-gl.c instead ...
Just a thought on this. Rather than Core-UI split, might it be useful to think in terms of Game-Base-UI split? So there's game code (obvious), base code (file handling, text handling, RNG, parser, etc etc ... preferably made into a library ...) and UI (comes in various flavours).
Old October 13, 2011, 17:33   #15
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Just a thought on this. Rather than Core-UI split, might it be useful to think in terms of Game-Base-UI split? So there's game code (obvious), base code (file handling, text handling, RNG, parser, etc etc ... preferably made into a library ...) and UI (comes in various flavours).
I had been thinking along these lines too. In my world, low-level bitflag handling goes in the library, but the effects of object flags go in the game code - with calls to the UI for any input requirements or display consequences.