Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old January 13, 2010, 02:21   #1
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Feature request: add Teleport Self to MB7 (Mordy's)

Title says it all, but I don't care to carry around MB2 in the late game, just for a single (escape/transportation) spell.
Pete Mack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2010, 07:08   #2
PowerDiver
Prophet

PowerDiver is on a distinguished road
I thought 1-spell books were the point! If you go down this path, I'd like the 300 pt heal spell copied into one of the priest dungeon books.
PowerDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2010, 07:38   #3
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDiver View Post
I thought 1-spell books were the point! If you go down this path, I'd like the 300 pt heal spell copied into one of the priest dungeon books.
And maybe a second copy of Call Light in Godly Insights... Not to mention Magic Mapping
(This one really bothers me for Paladins--they end up stuck having to choose between the Phial or the Star, too often.)
Pete Mack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2010, 08:34   #4
Psi
Knight

Psi is on a distinguished road
Well I think with the quiver in the next version, those sort of inventory problems are a little more manageable - particularly for a ranger.
Psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2010, 09:40   #5
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
And maybe a second copy of Call Light in Godly Insights... Not to mention Magic Mapping
(This one really bothers me for Paladins--they end up stuck having to choose between the Phial or the Star, too often.)
Rather than footle around with the existing books, I would favour a more radical change to spellbooks, which I think has been proposed by someone else before: keep the books as they are, and have a blank extra dungeon book into which you can copy up to, say, half a dozen spells from any other book.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2010, 11:19   #6
fph
Knight

fph is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
keep the books as they are, and have a blank extra dungeon book into which you can copy up to, say, half a dozen spells from any other book.
ToME 2.x has it, but you can get a single copy of the blank spellbook (can't remember if it is because it is a quest reward or an artifact). I think that's important in V as well. I must also say that you can't really complain about "which spellbook do I carry?" until you have played a ToME sorceror.
fph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2010, 11:51   #7
Psi
Knight

Psi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fph View Post
I must also say that you can't really complain about "which spellbook do I carry?" until you have played a ToME sorceror.
...however ToME sorcerors are so powerful that you barely need to carry anything but your spellbooks
Psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2010, 13:18   #8
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by fph View Post
ToME 2.x has it, but you can get a single copy of the blank spellbook (can't remember if it is because it is a quest reward or an artifact). I think that's important in V as well.
Yes. I meant to add that I see this as a natural partner of dungeon spellbooks being artifacts: find them only once, and they're indestructible. If they get stolen, watch out for trap doors ...
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2010, 13:22   #9
fizzix
Prophet

fizzix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes. I meant to add that I see this as a natural partner of dungeon spellbooks being artifacts: find them only once, and they're indestructible. If they get stolen, watch out for trap doors ...
you also then would have to make them unaffected by mana storms. It would suck to have feagwath drop this spellbook only to have the black reaver he summoned obliterate it.
fizzix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2010, 13:31   #10
Timo Pietilš
Prophet

Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
IIRC Artifacts cannot be stolen.

I rather like the idea that dungeon books should be artifacts. How may "Raal's Tome of Destruction" did Raal wrote? Not many I think. That also removes the problem with finding unnecessary extra copies and priest books with mage and vice versa all over the place. Less junk.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote