Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > AAR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 23, 2014, 17:41   #181
Derakon
Prophet
 
Derakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9,024
Derakon is on a distinguished road
These days PDSM is pretty disappointing, really. It doesn't even protect you from all elements (no nexus or nether resistance), let alone status ailments. Oldschool PDSM's only real protective gaps were blindness and paralysis, if I recall correctly. Of course, confusion was an element back then, and sound resistance also granted stun protection.

PDSM ought to be restored to its former glory and then some: all elemental resistances, all status protections (including free action, why not?). It's too rare to not be worth using.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2014, 17:45   #182
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,096
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
These days PDSM is pretty disappointing, really. It doesn't even protect you from all elements (no nexus or nether resistance), let alone status ailments. Oldschool PDSM's only real protective gaps were blindness and paralysis, if I recall correctly. Of course, confusion was an element back then, and sound resistance also granted stun protection.

PDSM ought to be restored to its former glory and then some: all elemental resistances, all status protections (including free action, why not?). It's too rare to not be worth using.
At the same time give Bladeturner some extra, like speed bonus. Otherwise ordinary PDSM beats it.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2014, 18:26   #183
Derakon
Prophet
 
Derakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9,024
Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
At the same time give Bladeturner some extra, like speed bonus. Otherwise ordinary PDSM beats it.
Bladeturner should have every ability PDSM has, plus, say, an extra 150 AC. I wouldn't put speed on it; that seems out-of-character. Maybe CON.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2014, 20:35   #184
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,096
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
Bladeturner should have every ability PDSM has, plus, say, an extra 150 AC. I wouldn't put speed on it; that seems out-of-character. Maybe CON.
Or make it lightweight. IIRC Bladeturner is heavy, really heavy.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2014, 21:01   #185
Raajaton
Swordsman
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 296
Raajaton is on a distinguished road
I'm of the opinion that Bladeturner is actually just a myth. It's one of the few artifacts that I've never come across in any of my games.
Raajaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2014, 19:56   #186
Estie
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,982
Estie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
I do keymaps for detections. F5 and F6 are for detect monsters and detect traps/doors. If it fails it's just matter of hitting that key again.
F1 target next thing and shoot/cast something damaging
F2 cast something damaging (same as F1 except no target so uses last target)
F3 either aoe spell (mage) or heal self
F4 detect monsters or evil

F5 det traps/doors
F6 treasure
F7 light area
F8 identify

F9 buff (ussually haste self)
F10 cast dig
F11 destroy traps
F12 satiate

Priest a little different, F4 early det evil later big heal F5 det traps later detection F6 det treasure later enlighten level.

Other things bound to non-F keys: rest till full, rest 99, rest 9999, tele other and a temp key for other random stuff (for example cast enchant weapon).

Details depend on class, for example F12 satiate usually means cast the spell but if on a warrior, it becomes E1 and food rations get to be inscribed @E1 in the known items menu.

Repeating a detect cast is "only" pressing the key again yes, but it disrupts flow the same way re-pressing a malfunctioning piano key would disrupt a tune.
Estie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2014, 20:08   #187
Estie
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,982
Estie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajaton View Post
I'm of the opinion that Bladeturner is actually just a myth. It's one of the few artifacts that I've never come across in any of my games.
Playing with randarts, Bladeturner can actually turn into a blade (omg the pun) and I can confirm that its a myth.
Estie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2014, 16:58   #188
Knight
Scout
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49
Knight is on a distinguished road
I was clearing a vault on level 40 with my level 27 HE Mage, when a Bone Golem breathed cold from out of my field of view and took my health down from 172 (6 away from max, 178) to -4.
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13, 2014, 04:51   #189
Estie
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,982
Estie is on a distinguished road
Gnome mage lvl 1, takes stairs down for the first time, shoots an unsuspecting jackal and proceeds to rest from the exertion. "Dump the screen ?" -wha ?

"...killed by a kobold shaman."
Estie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13, 2014, 09:13   #190
Zikke
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,068
Zikke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estie View Post
Gnome mage lvl 1, takes stairs down for the first time, shoots an unsuspecting jackal and proceeds to rest from the exertion. "Dump the screen ?" -wha ?

"...killed by a kobold shaman."
I hate campers
__________________
A(3.1.0b) CWS "Fyren_V" NEW L:50 DL:127 A++ R+++ Sp+ w:The Great Axe of Eonwe
A/FA W H- D c-- !f PV+++ s? d P++ M+
C- S+ I- !So B ac++ GHB? SQ? !RQ V F:
Zikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A new instadeath for me awldune AAR 23 March 27, 2010 09:46
Post your window arrangements. Tobias Vanilla 31 January 6, 2010 16:51
It must be love (first post) cofresi Vanilla 4 November 5, 2009 20:00
Yet Another First Win Post Fenrir AAR 1 April 6, 2009 21:35
The post summons you (3x) camlost Oook! 4 August 28, 2008 15:22


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.