Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 26, 2017, 16:12   #11
Tibarius
Swordsman
 
Tibarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 49
Posts: 342
Tibarius is on a distinguished road
new user interface option

There is a new user interface option to show speed as multiplier.

May i ask where it is shown when activated?

Thanks, merry christmas and a happy new year 2018!
Tibarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2017, 20:57   #12
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 52
Posts: 7,055
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibarius View Post
May i ask where it is shown when activated?
It's in the sidebar in place of the usual speed display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibarius View Post
Thanks, merry christmas and a happy new year 2018!
Same to you
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2017, 22:45   #13
Tibarius
Swordsman
 
Tibarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 49
Posts: 342
Tibarius is on a distinguished road
Can it be that it still starts with normal instead of x1.0 ? I am rather sure i activated this user interface option and it showed still "normal" at the speed display. Meanwhile i noticed it! Great stuff ...
Tibarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2017, 23:12   #14
Tibarius
Swordsman
 
Tibarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 49
Posts: 342
Tibarius is on a distinguished road
speed multiplier

Hi there,

i switched back to the old speed display. If you are at speed 17 and see instead x2.7 you think you are more than double as fast as the monsters. That is not true for monsters who move quickly or faster. That tricks you (at least me) into playing to risky. Does it make sense to show speed multiplier compared to the fastest monster?
Tibarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2017, 00:17   #15
Mathellin
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Sunbury, Ohio (US)
Age: 43
Posts: 3
Mathellin is on a distinguished road
(late) Merry X-mas and thank you!

Thanks for all the great continued work on the game! My first warrior victory came at 23:58 Christmas night, was a fresh char in 4.1.2, so a lucky version!

Mathellin
Mathellin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2017, 00:55   #16
Derakon
Prophet
 
Derakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,305
Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibarius View Post
Hi there,

i switched back to the old speed display. If you are at speed 17 and see instead x2.7 you think you are more than double as fast as the monsters. That is not true for monsters who move quickly or faster. That tricks you (at least me) into playing to risky. Does it make sense to show speed multiplier compared to the fastest monster?
Speed always has to be in reference to some "standard speed", which might as well be normal speed. Doesn't the option show a multiplier in monster memory as well? If you're at 2.7x and the monster's at 3x then you should have a good idea of your relative speeds.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2017, 15:12   #17
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Posts: 1,580
Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
Speed always has to be in reference to some "standard speed", which might as well be normal speed. Doesn't the option show a multiplier in monster memory as well? If you're at 2.7x and the monster's at 3x then you should have a good idea of your relative speeds.
It doesn't, but I did make a request. Don't know if it slipped through the cracks. No one commented on it, one way or another. http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthr...401#post126401
__________________
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2017, 15:28   #18
Sideways
Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 189
Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathellin View Post
Thanks for all the great continued work on the game! My first warrior victory came at 23:58 Christmas night, was a fresh char in 4.1.2, so a lucky version!

Mathellin
Nice, congratulations!
__________________
The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29, 2017, 15:42   #19
Tibarius
Swordsman
 
Tibarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 49
Posts: 342
Tibarius is on a distinguished road
monster memory ?

Hmm, if i start over with the same save file after a char has died. The monster memory is empty again. I would like that the monster memory builds up with each character i play. What must i do please? Thanks!

Edit: I got problems fighting invis monsters with book#3 reveal monster spell. I cast the spell, i see for example a ghost. I target it, i cast an attack spell - but somehow nothing happens. Anyone experiencing similar problems?

Last edited by Tibarius; December 29, 2017 at 16:25.
Tibarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29, 2017, 16:52   #20
Derakon
Prophet
 
Derakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,305
Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibarius View Post
Edit: I got problems fighting invis monsters with book#3 reveal monster spell. I cast the spell, i see for example a ghost. I target it, i cast an attack spell - but somehow nothing happens. Anyone experiencing similar problems?
If a monster is standing in a wall, then it cannot be touched by spells. Was the ghost in a wall?
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reviving Iso-Angband, an isometric view addon for Angband Hajo Development 111 August 3, 2014 19:44


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.