Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 12, 2011, 03:19   #1
Taha
Adept

Taha is on a distinguished road
Mac save file crash bug - dead or retired character, with subwindows set in prefs

Sumary: Any savefile with a dead or retired character in it that has loaded this preference file will not open in the current nightlies on the mac. Haven't tried any other OS.

Other characters with a fresh savefile and preferences work when dying and restarting. But with a fresh character and pref file, if I copy the # Window 'Term-X' Settings from my old preference file to the new one, the subwindows all show up correctly, but if I then die, the game crashes loading the savefile. They look exactly the same, but with some windows enabled.

Manually setting up the window options sometimes crashes it after death, sometimes not. I can't make that happen consistently.

Also, at some point during this process it destroyed all my autoinscriptions, I loaded from a file and then saved back to the same file and the inscriptions weren't saved. They were used for that character, but were gone when I loaded the preferences on a new character.

I have been using this pref file (updated occasionally) since pre 3.1.

Can anyone else check this out? Tired of restarting characters and having to set up all the options again. Auto pickup is set to off by default? Really? How do people play like that?
________
BustyMilf live
Attached Files
File Type: zip Taha.prf.zip (2.3 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by Taha; August 14, 2011 at 14:54.
Taha is offline   Reply With Quote