Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old August 27, 2021, 16:10   #1
ewert
Knight

ewert is on a distinguished road
Melee finishes in new versions

So, been years n years since I last melee'd the big M. Probably already way overkilled with my consumables and so forth, just curious what sort of melee dmg/round do people usually go for with melee kills nowadays?

My current +11 *evil* MoD gives me about 630/rnd, which sounds pretty darn good already, so probably won't bother farming for better after I finish off the uniques, but curious what seems to be an "easy" farm heavy *evil* in current version of game?

Also never thought of using a permawall vault before for the last fight with melee, definitely doing that this time around. Have a bunch of Runes as well, so should easily be able to keep it a clean 1v1 with no LoS from others.
ewert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2021, 01:53   #2
Ed_47569
Apprentice

Ed_47569 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Ed_47569
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewert View Post
So, been years n years since I last melee'd the big M. Probably already way overkilled with my consumables and so forth, just curious what sort of melee dmg/round do people usually go for with melee kills nowadays?

My current +11 *evil* MoD gives me about 630/rnd, which sounds pretty darn good already, so probably won't bother farming for better after I finish off the uniques, but curious what seems to be an "easy" farm heavy *evil* in current version of game?
That's pretty good to be honest - anything over 500 / round will suffice for a warrior versus Morgoth, provided you have enough !*Healing* and a few scrolls of banish / MB. If you don't have STR/DEX/CON sustained then bring along some !Life and / or mushrooms of Vigor.
Ed_47569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2021, 02:36   #3
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
MoD of *Slay Evil* certainly is a viable weapon vs M, and there are a number of wins posted using one. It's main disadvantage is lower damage bonus, but it is still better than all but a few standard artifact weapons. It is modestly better for paladin than warrior, because it is impossible to get much above 5 blows.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2021, 02:59   #4
Hounded
Adept

Hounded is on a distinguished road
Actually just melee'd him yesterday as a BG with that same MoD. Swapped it for the big fight instead of the Trident of Wrath which had been my standard carry (thank you Grishnahk). My biggest delay was getting sufficient speed (+30 native) to make that work for me. With warrior multiple attacks you should be laughing.

I guess another contributing factor is that I always use the OA damage calculator.