Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old April 13, 2021, 02:10   #11
MattB
Veteran

MattB is on a distinguished road
Lol - thought so.

But just being an artifact is worth 8, right? So you could never get a 7. Or am I reading it wrong?
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2021, 02:47   #12
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Lol - thought so.

But just being an artifact is worth 8, right? So you could never get a 7. Or am I reading it wrong?
That's correct. The randart generation process is kind of like a sausage factory, you really don't want to examine it too closely.
Old April 13, 2021, 07:47   #13
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Maybe change so that low power is treated the same as negative power and adds a couple good abilities and a couple curses?
Old April 13, 2021, 08:05   #14
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
The original surely had negative and positive contributions--probably Helm of Gorlim.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2021, 18:27   #15
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer

Donated: $10
will_asher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMedley View Post
How many monsters can neither move nor teleport? Can't be many past the initial molds, right?
It's very helpful to remember exactly where that spotted jelly or disenchanter mold is so you don't accidently step next to it again.
Also, objects can also move when they're picked up by monsters, but they stay on the screen.

My old variant DaJAngband:
http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)
will_asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2021, 19:37   #16
archolewa
Swordsman

archolewa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_asher View Post
It's very helpful to remember exactly where that spotted jelly or disenchanter mold is so you don't accidently step next to it again.
Oh God yes. Especially when you're a Blackguard with Bloodlust active who accidentally steps next to a death mold. Lost one of my Blackguards that way...

On that day I learned that Blackguards fear NOTHING. Except death molds. Terrible, horrifying death molds.
archolewa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2021, 21:31   #17
MattB
Veteran

Couple of minor glitches with the latest nightly (using Shockbolt if that's relevant):

i) In town I have more than one downstair, although only one of them works. The number varies on each recall. Right now one of them is in the middle of the armoury - I kind of like that...

ii) When I recall to town, the 'Overhead' term shows the old dungeon level drawn underneath the town. I'm using 'overhead' instead of 'Map' because 'Map' gives me unbearable flicker. Very minor, I know, but you did ask for bugs! (Also, I'm using multiple monitors if that makes a difference.)
Old April 13, 2021, 22:11   #18
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
Couple of minor glitches with the latest nightly (using Shockbolt if that's relevant):

i) In town I have more than one downstair, although only one of them works. The number varies on each recall. Right now one of them is in the middle of the armoury - I kind of like that...

ii) When I recall to town, the 'Overhead' term shows the old dungeon level drawn underneath the town. I'm using 'overhead' instead of 'Map' because 'Map' gives me unbearable flicker. Very minor, I know, but you did ask for bugs! (Also, I'm using multiple monitors if that makes a difference.)
These both sound like tile problems - I've filed a bug.
Old April 13, 2021, 22:54   #19
MattB
Veteran

And this one's a dungeon generation issue. I had a cavern level with a Pac-Man section inserted in the middle. The only way out of the labyrinth was blocked with granite. There were no down stairs in my half of the map (I was playing forced descent so the upstairs weren't ay help.
As it happens my H-T was quite capable of tunnelling through granite, and I had recall, but I might have been playing a gnome, or ironman. I assume it is not now considered policy to carry tunnelling ability?
Not that it mattered anyway. Poor chap got vaporised by an Ancient Gold on the next level.
Savefile attached if it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip New_Start.zip (16.1 KB, 43 views)
Old April 13, 2021, 23:13   #20
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
And this one's a dungeon generation issue. I had a cavern level with a Pac-Man section inserted in the middle. The only way out of the labyrinth was blocked with granite. There were no down stairs in my half of the map (I was playing forced descent so the upstairs weren't ay help.
As it happens my H-T was quite capable of tunnelling through granite, and I had recall, but I might have been playing a gnome, or ironman. I assume it is not now considered policy to carry tunnelling ability?
Not that it mattered anyway. Poor chap got vaporised by an Ancient Gold on the next level.
Savefile attached if it helps.
Yes, probably that shouldn't be blocked. Could you attach you randart file too? It should be in your archive directory, and called randart_00869a2b.txt.