Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Old August 26, 2016, 16:25   #1
PowerWyrm
Veteran

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
PWMAngband: implementing the new curses

I have now a stable alpha version of 1.1.12 with rune-based ID and new trap system. I've started to implement the new curses from the master branch (up to 978df06). This means I have:
- curse.txt with curses from "sticky" to "annoyance"
- curses defined by power (0 = easily breakable, 100 = permanent)
- to_a/to_h/to_d values
- flags
- modifiers
- tval restrictions
- curses as runes (assessed on walkover)
- updated object info and descriptions
- remove curse (the full stuff, with fancy menu and all)
- curses known on wield
- cursed egos replaced by normal objects with curses

The other properties (effect, elements) have been added, but the code has not been updated to fully implement them. On the other hand, combat values, flags and modifiers have been fully implemented, which means:
- new methods object_flags(), object_flags_known(), object_to_h/d/a() and object_modifiers() to get properties from object + curses
- occurences of obj->(property) replaced by calls to object_(property)() when needed (this will probably require some thinking)

I started playtesting the new version and already fixed a lot of crashes. Some were really entertaining... The code seems stable now, even if some stuff is probably broken internally. Next step is to implement the last batch of curses (with effects and elements) and redo the ignoring code (it still uses the old inscription system, which is broken for cursed items).
Old September 2, 2016, 12:17   #2
PowerWyrm
Veteran

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
I started playtesting the new version and already fixed a lot of crashes. Some were really entertaining... The code seems stable now, even if some stuff is probably broken internally. Next step is to implement the last batch of curses (with effects and elements) and redo the ignoring code (it still uses the old inscription system, which is broken for cursed items).
... which is now done. I simplified the ignoring code, which now uses (like V) the bad, average, good and non-artifact quality levels and treated cursed objects like normal ones.