Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old July 1, 2007, 03:34   #31
takkaria
Veteran

Donated: $40
takkaria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
Cool. I've got the nightly installed at work but still running PR1 at home should bring them both upto date I suppose otherwise I'll get confused as to what has and hasn't been done.
What will be fixed as of tonight's nightly (1st July) since 3.0.8pr1:
  • "=g" will work again on objects
  • new object pickup scheme which I hope will work better for everyone, revolving around the options pickup_detail and pickup_always (old query_floor and pickup_always)
  • failrate change of amnesia is noted on the browsing and casting screens, and CCW cures it
  • item destruction takes 0 time
  • 'n' works again

All the bugs that have been repoted about are now filed at dev.rephial.org. As these get fixed, they'll move from "Resolution: none" to "Resolution: fixed".

If you file a bug yourself, then please give your forum ID rather than your email address, and try to be succinct with steps to reproduce the problem. (e.g. "099k-y no longer works") Also, include whether things worked in 3.0.7s if you know that, and if you're using a nightly, what date it's marked as.

Thanks! Now I start to really understand why public bug systems are useful...
takkaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2007, 17:47   #32
Rubbishbook
Rookie

Rubbishbook is on a distinguished road
When I use angband in an xterm and use -mgcu, I have to press esc twice, for every time I want to press it once. I don't know whether this is an xterm thing or a bug in 3.0.8pr1. 'Tis fustratin'!
Rubbishbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2007, 18:32   #33
pav
Administrator

pav is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to pav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbishbook View Post
When I use angband in an xterm and use -mgcu, I have to press esc twice, for every time I want to press it once. I don't know whether this is an xterm thing or a bug in 3.0.8pr1. 'Tis fustratin'!
It's a feature. ESC have a special meaning in the terminal. You can use backtick key instead...
Old July 3, 2007, 01:58   #34
Faust
Adept

Faust is on a distinguished road
2007-07-01 nightly

I have auto squelch and hide squelchable items both on and things I have set in my squelch list are niether hidden or marked {squelch}.

When blind money found is added to inventory see a) below.
edit: I can't do anything with it all actions involving my inventory just ignore it and start at b).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	9  

Last edited by Faust; July 3, 2007 at 02:08.
Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2007, 02:49   #35
Faust
Adept

Faust is on a distinguished road
2007-07-01

Currently playing a half-troll warrior with a CHR of 3. When attacked by a rot jelly it says you feel ugly and CHR goes yellow even though CHR doesn't go down as it can't drop below 3.
Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2007, 04:46   #36
Homsar
Rookie

Homsar is on a distinguished road
Macro question, menu note

First off, I'm VERY happy to see so many features going into Vanilla.

One minor gripe about menus: In the Options menu, I have to press upper-case letters to activate the options with letter prompts (e.g. shift-M to interact with macros). This baffled me at first. I think it would be more intuitive if lower-case letters also triggered the menu options...at least in a case like this where there's no ambiguity (there's an M option and there's no m option). Or, if we could change the options menu prompts to be lower-case letters...

I'm having some trouble defining macros. I defined my usual first macro (backtick triggers \eR&\n), and that works fine. But then...

I tried to make F5 cast detect doors (\em0g, where Beginners Handbook is inscribed with @m0). The macro trigger shows up as "^_", no matter which function key I use. And now F5 casts the spell...but it also triggers other actions (refilling my torch!)

How does one query a macro? When I'm querying a macro, I hit the trigger key (e.g. backtick), and the prompt just sits there, until I hit ESC, at which point I'm dumped back to the menu.

(I'm running the precompiled binaries for Windows, version 3.0.8pr1)
Homsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2007, 16:00   #37
Elsairon
Adept

Elsairon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homsar View Post
First off, I'm VERY happy to see so many features going into Vanilla.
[snip]

I'm having some trouble defining macros. I defined my usual first macro (backtick triggers \eR&\n), and that works fine. But then...

I tried to make F5 cast detect doors (\em0g, where Beginners Handbook is inscribed with @m0). The macro trigger shows up as "^_", no matter which function key I use. And now F5 casts the spell...but it also triggers other actions (refilling my torch!)
The bug has been noted and reported for fixing. IIRC next pre-release. You can check and see current state of development *blow by blow* at http://angband.rogueforge.net/trac/
Elsairon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2007, 23:15   #38
takkaria
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsairon View Post
The bug has been noted and reported for fixing. IIRC next pre-release. You can check and see current state of development *blow by blow* at http://angband.rogueforge.net/trac/
http://dev.rephial.org/trac/ is what you should really point at, since the former might disappear at some point... otherwise, they're identical.
Old July 4, 2007, 02:33   #39
takkaria
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
I have auto squelch and hide squelchable items both on and things I have set in my squelch list are niether hidden or marked {squelch}.

When blind money found is added to inventory see a) below.
edit: I can't do anything with it all actions involving my inventory just ignore it and start at b).
Now fixed as a side-effect of something else.
Old July 4, 2007, 12:26   #40
Elsairon
Adept

Elsairon is on a distinguished road
Noted, Thanks.
Elsairon is offline   Reply With Quote