Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old December 29, 2010, 22:39   #11
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Yeah. I definitely like the new drop rates (even though I'm dying a lot more now). I actually find I'm trading up through levels of ego weapons, carrying a slay or even a plain enchanted weapon for a while before I find a *slay* and then carrying that for a bit before I find one of the better ones. Before I was pretty much guaranteed to have a branded weapon or better by the end of my first dungeon trip, and probably traded that up for an artefact weapon a few levels later. Low-level items have more of a window of usefulness now instead of being rendered obsolete by something you find half a dozen kills later.

So, yeah, the early game's definitely harder now, but the level of challenge feels about right to me. I find I'm relying on stuff like scrolls of blessing that I used to insta-squelch before, using up more consumables to handle early uniques, and generally having to play a lot more tactically to survive instead of casually stomping everything in melee for the first third of the dungeon.
That is the best news so far. I predict a jubilant takkaria. And quite a lot of praise to ewert, who did most of the rebalancing of wearables vs. consumables.

Maybe TMJ is finally a thing of the past ...
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2010, 03:38   #12
dos350
Knight

dos350 is on a distinguished road
ty for answer maintainer,sir eek i was expecting cos it say something in changes , now i know is not default or watever maybe i will try that guys pref file, ee but it no really matter to me i was just wondering cos it say~~

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++
dos350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2010, 08:52   #13
Zyphyr
Adept

Zyphyr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
That is the best news so far. I predict a jubilant takkaria. And quite a lot of praise to ewert, who did most of the rebalancing of wearables vs. consumables.

Maybe TMJ is finally a thing of the past ...
If anything, I am seeing to many consumables. In particular, a brand new mage diving to level 10 picked up no less than 29 !CLW and 15 !CSW. It just got more absurd from there.
Zyphyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2010, 08:57   #14
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphyr View Post
If anything, I am seeing to many consumables. In particular, a brand new mage diving to level 10 picked up no less than 29 !CLW and 15 !CSW. It just got more absurd from there.
Consumables are certainly more generous than in 3.1.x, but hopefully not absurdly so. We can always adjust drops again for 3.3 if we've gone too far - and now we finally have statistics-collection sims to help us get it right.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2010, 10:00   #15
ewert
Knight

ewert is on a distinguished road
Well, the low levels don't have much stuff that CAN drop, so it actually evens out after a few more levels as more stuff can drop (for example <10dlvl not many of the armor/weapon are available for creation).
ewert is offline   Reply With Quote