Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 27, 2013, 17:06   #241
Arjen
Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 35
Posts: 240
Arjen is on a distinguished road
Noticed something with weapons with +EA. They don't show the right amount of bpr you can get with better stats. I've now Sting with 4 bpr and with better stats I can get 3 bpr. Shouldn't the calculator take extra EA in account?
Arjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2013, 20:02   #242
chris
PosChengband Maintainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 702
chris is on a distinguished road
Version 1.0.25 is available in the usual place:

* Fixed monk retaliation bug. Players with innate attacks (from mutations or racial bonuses) would get extra blows whenever a retaliation was triggered.

* Fixed bug inspecting town items that the player is not yet aware of (i.e., that the player has not yet found in the dungeon).

* Fixed display bug in weapon info screen. When listing stats needed for the next attack, the display was not counting any extra blows from the weapon itself. So, if you had 5 current blows you would be told that you could increase your attacks to 4 with better stats

* And the big change: Added Fame and Artifact Reforging from Posband. This is liable to affect game balance in a big way. Also, if you upgrade an existing character you will still start out with no fame, meaning that the reforge option might be blocked for some time. The player may increase their fame by killing uniques, completing quests, completing dungeons and returning wanted corpses. Of course, failing quests is very bad for your reputation. Ask about at the Inn if the Inn Keeper has heard of you and you will get some idea as to how you are progressing. Once you have enough fame (and enough gold), you may reforge an existing artifact at the Warrior's Guild in Morivant.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2013, 20:19   #243
Arjen
Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 35
Posts: 240
Arjen is on a distinguished road
Fame sounds very nice, ill update after my current dude dies (or wins... )
Arjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2013, 22:20   #244
AnonymousHero
Veteran
 
AnonymousHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,372
AnonymousHero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjen View Post
Noticed something with weapons with +EA. They don't show the right amount of bpr you can get with better stats. I've now Sting with 4 bpr and with better stats I can get 3 bpr. Shouldn't the calculator take extra EA in account?
Yeah, I reported this (quite a few pages back) -- I'm not sure if it's easy to fix.
AnonymousHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29, 2013, 13:54   #245
Arjen
Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 35
Posts: 240
Arjen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousHero View Post
Yeah, I reported this (quite a few pages back) -- I'm not sure if it's easy to fix.
Chris must have missed it and he did fix it in the newest release.
Arjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29, 2013, 19:52   #246
AnonymousHero
Veteran
 
AnonymousHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,372
AnonymousHero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjen View Post
Chris must have missed it and he did fix it in the newest release.
Ha, I should lrn2read before posting .

EDIT: I evren skimmed the 1.0..25 changes, but completely missed it
AnonymousHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2013, 02:56   #247
chris
PosChengband Maintainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 702
chris is on a distinguished road
A new release (1.0.26) is available here. I will stop posting source code to the google site since you can always get the source for a particular release here.

For this version, I added a new monster race: Elementals. They have humanoid bodies and powers and abilities that I tried to make as flavorful as possible. For example, Earth Elementals are slow, have high AC, are strong, are good fighters, have poor dex, can attack with shard based powers (think hurling clods of earth), gain powers like stoneskin, earthquake, stone to mud and sense surroundings. Air Elementals are lightning based, incredibly fast, etc. Its all new, so feedback and ideas for flavorful racial powers are always welcome.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2013, 04:24   #248
HugoTheGreat2011
Veteran
 
HugoTheGreat2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: East Coast, U.S.
Age: 38
Posts: 1,100
HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
A new release (1.0.26) is available here. I will stop posting source code to the google site since you can always get the source for a particular release here.

For this version, I added a new monster race: Elementals. They have humanoid bodies and powers and abilities that I tried to make as flavorful as possible. For example, Earth Elementals are slow, have high AC, are strong, are good fighters, have poor dex, can attack with shard based powers (think hurling clods of earth), gain powers like stoneskin, earthquake, stone to mud and sense surroundings. Air Elementals are lightning based, incredibly fast, etc. Its all new, so feedback and ideas for flavorful racial powers are always welcome.
Hey chris, how do players install poschengband from github? I am absolutely clueless about how to do this...

I hope you don't stop posting Windows .exe executables.
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2013, 04:31   #249
chris
PosChengband Maintainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 702
chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 View Post
Hey chris, how do players install poschengband from github? I am absolutely clueless about how to do this...

I hope you don't stop posting Windows .exe executables.
I'll keep posting Windows executables here for the foreseeable future. The github site is for people running on Linux or those interested in compiling directly from source. Unfortunately, compiling is rather non-trivial ... The readme file here gives my best instructions as to how to do this if you are interested. But if you just want to play on Windows, then by all means you should simply download the executable files that I provide.

HTH,
chris
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2013, 07:27   #250
Arjen
Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 35
Posts: 240
Arjen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post

For this version, I added a new monster race: Elementals. They have humanoid bodies and powers and abilities that I tried to make as flavorful as possible. For example, Earth Elementals are slow, have high AC, are strong, are good fighters, have poor dex, can attack with shard based powers (think hurling clods of earth), gain powers like stoneskin, earthquake, stone to mud and sense surroundings. Air Elementals are lightning based, incredibly fast, etc. Its all new, so feedback and ideas for flavorful racial powers are always welcome.
After my mindcrafter wins (he is getting somewhere), Ill go give the Air type a go. Love it you made them, they were the best monster races in Posband.
Arjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Announce] NPPAngband 6.0.0 nppangband Variants 34 December 15, 2012 03:15
Announce: NPP 0.5.3 nppangband Variants 1 September 18, 2011 18:27
Announce: FayAngband 1.0 Mikko Lehtinen Variants 73 June 20, 2011 12:10
Gumband 2.3.1 Announce rdanhenry Variants 35 May 22, 2009 07:16
Announce: DaJAngband v1.0.03 will_asher Variants 4 February 6, 2008 21:23


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.