Adept

Arjen is on a distinguished road
I tried the reloading and it worked.
Arjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2013, 08:27   #22
Arjen
Adept

In the recharge shop of Zul both recharge options says "recharge item", but the second one should be "recharge all items". The other towns have the right description.

*edit*

Being an Air Hound sort of sucks... A lot of monsters resist poison which renders your second melee attack rather useless. I don't like pure elemental damage as melee attacks. You should made them being branded by said element so you will always at least do base damage.

Next character I hope I get another form who can actually kill kobolds/trolls/orcs/undead/ect.

Last edited by Arjen; January 16, 2013 at 14:14.
Old January 16, 2013, 23:00   #23
MrBims
Rookie

MrBims is on a distinguished road
Every time I try to play a Snotling [anything], I end up dying to some 50' creature like a Newt getting chain attacks on me as I 'tremble' in fear. While humorous in the schadenfreude of it, I have to ask, is there anything I'm doing wrong or not doing that I should be doing, or are Snotlings just a really difficult or joke race? I like the idea of having garbage stats but fast level gain.
MrBims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2013, 07:28   #24
Arjen
Adept

Snotlings are just hard to play. I can't play with them.

As to poschangband: I was walking around in town, visiting the Alchemy Shop where 3 ?oArtifact Creation caught my eye (haha, little pun as Im playing Beholder). But in the 5 3 of those scrolls! And only 280k a piece. Too bad I had like... 20k as I was level 18. Just letting you know, 3 is a crowd.
Old January 17, 2013, 09:37   #25
Arjen
Adept

Found a major bug at the Arena, I went in to fight the mithril golem. A townsman entered with me because he was next to me when I entered. Inside I killed him to have him out of the way. "Victorious! You're on your way to becoming Champion." The golem is still alive... I checked if I could leave, it worked. (Didn't want it to do it this way, but I wanted to be sure I could leave the Arena for a complete bugreport).

Would be bad if you 'killed' all the monsters this way.
Old January 17, 2013, 13:46   #26
chris
PosChengband Maintainer

chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBims View Post
Every time I try to play a Snotling [anything], I end up dying to some 50' creature like a Newt getting chain attacks on me as I 'tremble' in fear. While humorous in the schadenfreude of it, I have to ask, is there anything I'm doing wrong or not doing that I should be doing, or are Snotlings just a really difficult or joke race? I like the idea of having garbage stats but fast level gain.
Try playing a Snotling Armageddon High Mage and don't let anything touch you!
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2013, 14:07   #27
chris
PosChengband Maintainer

chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjen View Post
Found a major bug at the Arena, I went in to fight the mithril golem. A townsman entered with me because he was next to me when I entered. Inside I killed him to have him out of the way. "Victorious! You're on your way to becoming Champion." The golem is still alive... I checked if I could leave, it worked. (Didn't want it to do it this way, but I wanted to be sure I could leave the Arena for a complete bugreport).

Would be bad if you 'killed' all the monsters this way.
Good catch. I fixed this for next release.

Quote:
I was walking around in town, visiting the Alchemy Shop where 3 ?oArtifact Creation caught my eye (haha, little pun as Im playing Beholder). But in the 5 3 of those scrolls! And only 280k a piece. Too bad I had like... 20k as I was level 18. Just letting you know, 3 is a crowd.
Yes, the Alchemy shop will stock them but as of 1.0.1, they should no longer stack. The thing is, shop stocking now uses the same object allocation code as generating objects in the dungeon, so you need to get really (*really*) lucky to find one! Its the same odds as finding one in the dungeon on DL20.

Quote:
Being an Air Hound sort of sucks... A lot of monsters resist poison which renders your second melee attack rather useless. I don't like pure elemental damage as melee attacks. You should made them being branded by said element so you will always at least do base damage.
For next release I think I will just remove the branding altogether. I don't want them to have extra damage since you will lose this next time you evolve and be disappointed!

Thanks for all the playtesting/feedback!!
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2013, 20:24   #28
MrBims
Rookie

MrBims is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
Try playing a Snotling Armageddon High Mage and don't let anything touch you!
Actually already thought of that, died at Level 15 to some unique humanoid 500' down. Was greedy of me, he might have been able to get further if I had farmed shallower levels more. Its probably the one of the only ways to play a Snotling and not die to fear immediately.
MrBims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2013, 17:15   #29
Arjen
Adept

Hmm, I can't post a screenshot. It gives an error:

Quote:
Unsupported variant!!!
Please fill in your email!
I don't get the second one either, as I'm logged in.
Old January 18, 2013, 18:00   #30
Arjen
Adept

Just killed Ares, he didn't drop his hat...