Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old June 25, 2020, 19:30   #11
DavidMedley
Knight

DavidMedley is on a distinguished road
I hadn't thought about that, but Vampire Strike increases the amount of nourishment that you get as you level up. Last I looked, the food meter is increased by an amount equal to the HP drained (100 HP = 1% fed). And the HP drained is CL * 2, so you're getting fed double at CL 40 than when you get the spell at CL 20.
DavidMedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2020, 11:04   #12
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
Tracked some numbers, I started at 38% fed, 4000 turns later I'm at 74%. I have ate about 2 mushrooms. I have regen and no slow digestion.

Edit: Didn't notice Dagmor has slow digestion. Though I still don't think this is balanced right.

Last edited by wobbly; June 26, 2020 at 17:29.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2020, 15:18   #13
rdermyer
Apprentice

rdermyer is on a distinguished road
Unsure if this is a bug or just how the Identify Rune system works now (haven't played in years!), but I was unable to identify a rod of dispel traps. Zapping it didn't tell me anything (obviously, since I didn't randomly blast a trap with its beam), and the scroll kept telling me I had nothing to identify.
rdermyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2020, 18:36   #14
wxman
Rookie

wxman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdermyer View Post
Unsure if this is a bug or just how the Identify Rune system works now (haven't played in years!), but I was unable to identify a rod of dispel traps. Zapping it didn't tell me anything (obviously, since I didn't randomly blast a trap with its beam), and the scroll kept telling me I had nothing to identify.
Yup, rods are ID-by-use. Scrolls only work for runes (when you see {??} on an item).

Side note...finally went ahead and created a new account, because the password recovery function on the forums keeps saying the answer to the random question is wrong when the correct answer of "Moria" is entered. I'll use this one going forward, the post count on my old account wasn't anything worth bragging about anyway.
wxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2020, 23:45   #15
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
Side note...finally went ahead and created a new account, because the password recovery function on the forums keeps saying the answer to the random question is wrong when the correct answer of "Moria" is entered.
If it's the question I think it is, "Moria" isn't the correct answer. The correct answer is in the chapter "A Journey in the Dark" of the Fellowship of the Ring, in the discussion on how to enter Moria.
Old June 27, 2020, 01:16   #16
wxman
Rookie

wxman is on a distinguished road
The question currently is "Angband predecessor's name?," which works correctly as Moria for new user signup, but didn't for the new password function. The question that was used previously is the one I think you're thinking of, which was the response to the Elvish above the Doors of Durin.
wxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2020, 01:29   #17
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
The question currently is "Angband predecessor's name?," which works correctly as Moria for new user signup, but didn't for the new password function. The question that was used previously is the one I think you're thinking of, which was the response to the Elvish above the Doors of Durin.
Ah, I don't think I can help then.
Old June 30, 2020, 01:04   #18
DavidMedley
Knight

DavidMedley is on a distinguished road
I had 0 money when Wormtongue tried to rob me. After failing to get any coins he didn't teleport. Is that how it should be?
DavidMedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2020, 11:20   #19
Sphara
Swordsman

Sphara is on a distinguished road
4.2.1. angband.live Hobbit Priest

On DL99: I'm fighting Sauron and get lucky enough to get a checkerboard greater vault there. I clear the vault, set up few Glyphs in a row and start having the easiest Sauron-fight ever. And then suddenly things go south. Sauron summons uniques and the next turn he turns into snake, vampire or wolf. Turns out one of the uniques is Huan and this brave Valinor hound immediately tramples in-form-Sauron into oblivion. Good dog!

Except that now Sauron has disappeared from DL99 and our hero (ME!) has forced descent on. Bad dog!

Maybe correct the code for future versions so that Sauron in form, cannot be trampled. I don't know how deal with the situation and will Sauron eventually be back. I have about 70% satiation and no food left on the level.
Sphara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2020, 12:06   #20
Monkey Face
Adept

Monkey Face is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMedley View Post
I had 0 money when Wormtongue tried to rob me. After failing to get any coins he didn't teleport. Is that how it should be?
That is consistent with past versions of the game. I have occasionally used that as a tactic against Smeagol...let him steal all my gold and then get into a proper fight where he does not keep teleporting away.
Monkey Face is offline   Reply With Quote