Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old October 31, 2022, 20:35   #1
mageslayer
Rookie

mageslayer is on a distinguished road
Exclamation [FrogComposBand] Run (SHIFT + NUMPAD) stopped working?

Title says it all. I have tried with and without CAPS LOCK and NUM LOCK, but my ability to run regardless of SHIFT or not moves only one tile in a direction. Not sure what I could have done to break this. Thoughts?
mageslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31, 2022, 22:10   #2
Sideways
Knight

Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mageslayer View Post
Title says it all. I have tried with and without CAPS LOCK and NUM LOCK, but my ability to run regardless of SHIFT or not moves only one tile in a direction. Not sure what I could have done to break this. Thoughts?
The game's command system natively supports running with the . key (, in the roguelike keyset), the additional support for running with Shift comes from macros in pref-[yoursystem].prf in lib/pref.

I can see four reasons why shiftrunning might stop working; 1) the online_macros option (option 3 in Input Options) is on; 2) the pref file the shiftrunning macros are specified in has been lost or corrupted for some reason (or fails to include the shiftrunning macros), 3) you have added new macros that override the shiftrunning macros or 4) for whatever reason, the input received by the game when you press Shift+Dir doesn't match what the pref file told it to expect.

#1 is the simplest answer, would check that first. If online_macros is off, #4 is probably the next most likely answer; do @3 and press Shift+6. Note what it describes as the trigger, and whether it shows a current action connected to the trigger. If the action is not either \\.6 or \e\e\\.6, the macro has been lost or isn't triggering properly; at that point (if messing with numlock doesn't help) your best bet's just to add new macros manually, or use the . key to run.
Old October 31, 2022, 22:43   #3
mageslayer
Rookie

mageslayer is on a distinguished road
That was it! The online macros option was enabled and I am not sure when I did that. Thank you as ever for your dedication to your work here and your constant sharing of knowledge!
mageslayer is offline   Reply With Quote