AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Obsolete > v4

Old December 26, 2011, 00:06   #1
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Shockbolt's tiles now in v4

Happy Christmas everybody - hope you all had a good one. After a long day which started with a 5am feed (not for me!), I finally got to port Blubaron's excellent implementation of Shockbolt's awesome tiles to v4. It's available from the usual place, and this time it does include the png file!

As ever, please post in this thread if you are finding any oddities with the new tiles - especially with the special artifacts, as these are handled differently in v4. There is one issue I'll give you for free - V doesn't have bucklers, so they use the "small shield" tile. Next time Shockbolt asks if the tileset needs any extra tiles, someone please ask him to paint a buckler!

Thanks again to both Shockbolt and Blubaron for enabling us to use these.
Old December 26, 2011, 03:42   #2
Blue Baron
Adept

Blue Baron is on a distinguished road
Actually there is a buckler already in the png file. It is at 0x80:0xE6 (0,102).
Old December 26, 2011, 17:44   #3
Clearshade
Rookie

Clearshade is on a distinguished road
Despite updating to 0420b1f and 0480b19, my tileset remains the same.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Is the new tileset the default?

This is on OSX, and I expected an additional option on the Graphics menu, but that hasn't changed. This is also true for me with v3.
Old December 26, 2011, 18:50   #4
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearshade View Post

This is on OSX, and I expected an additional option on the Graphics menu, but that hasn't changed. This is also true for me with v3.
Then I think you have concurrent version misery. Can you check the version number of the one you're actually starting, because it might be the old one, rather than the new one you have downloaded and unzipped somewhere. (Version string is on the splash screen, and available from shift-v.)

There is definitely a "shockbolt's tiles" option on the graphics options menu in SDL.
Old December 26, 2011, 19:04   #5
Clearshade
Rookie

Currently Version v4-421-g0420b1f-dirty
which I downloaded after 0480b19 when that one didn't work
Old December 26, 2011, 21:50   #6
myshkin
Angband Devteam member

myshkin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearshade View Post

You were doing nothing wrong. No one had added OS X support for those tiles. I've pushed some changes to both v4-master (39a4701) and master (c49d636) to make this work. Let me know if everything's working as expected.
Old December 27, 2011, 01:03   #7
Clearshade
Rookie

Seems to be working!

Thanks.
Old December 27, 2011, 21:43   #8
bio_hazard
Knight

bio_hazard is on a distinguished road
I'm on OSX 10.7 with the second Dec 26 version. Tiles look fine (although it took me a while to get the menu options correct to display them.

One issue and one possible issue:

First- my first trip down on 50', I detect monsters and detect a white snake and a lizard both out of sight. The white snake is actually visible when I Map, and appears as a reduced size snake on the overhead Map (as it should). When I actually see the snake, it is still super small.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shockbolt_graphics_issue.jpg
Views:	981
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	891

edit- this happened with ANOTHER white snake that I hadn't detected (i.e. the next white snake I saw was also tiny), and it happened again with an out-of-sight white harpy that showed up on the map when detecting monsters- it was also tiny when I actually encountered it. Definitely something wacky going on there.

Second- and not sure if this is as intended, but since the tile size is big enough that I can't everything I normally would, I wanted to set up an additional term window with "Map View" (whatever this is), and put this on a different monitor. When this term window was active, the tiles in the main window shrunk to the small size I usually play although the window stayed almost full screen, and nothing appeared in the new window. I ended up disabling it for now until I feel like messing around with it more.

I will also mention that the to hit and dam bonuses for weapons in the stores are CRAZY high- virtually everything is +10 or greater, some up to the + 30's. I haven't played for a few versions so not sure if this is intended or not.

2nd edit- the stairs are not super easy to see on the map view. Also, thanks so much to everyone who helped bring these tiles to life!

Last edited by bio_hazard; December 27, 2011 at 22:23.
Old December 27, 2011, 23:52   #9
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
The high weapon bonuses are because of the new finesse/prowess combat system -- pluses have all been multiplied by 10 as a first attempt at roughly balancing them. Though this can result in prices and power calculations being off.
Old December 27, 2011, 23:55   #10
bio_hazard
Knight

bio_hazard is on a distinguished road
^^^ Cool- thanks! Just noticed that the finesse/prowess were in the game now.

I just found a trap that had the same shrunken graphics as the monsters. The trap was in a lit room, and for a couple of turns the rest of the tile was black instead of "floor" colored.