Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 17, 2011, 23:51   #21
Derakon
Prophet
 
Derakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9,024
Derakon is on a distinguished road
For what it's worth, Vanilla development versions have non-beaming Teleport Other, and it hasn't horribly broken the balance.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18, 2011, 17:17   #22
CJNyfalt
Swordsman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 289
CJNyfalt is on a distinguished road
I have been busy cleaning up the code and removing ports that are no longer supported in vanilla.

However, there is something I can not do myself, and that is testing on OS X and Windows.

So, could someone test those ports, please? I suspect that OS X will not work, but AFAIK I have done nothing that would break Windows.
CJNyfalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18, 2011, 17:24   #23
Philip
Knight
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prague,Czech Republic
Posts: 909
Philip is on a distinguished road
Sure, I can test windows if you like. O 1.1.0u doesn't work on OSX but 1.1.0 might. Nick knows more about what changed though. What am I supposed to test and where do I find it?
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18, 2011, 17:55   #24
CJNyfalt
Swordsman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 289
CJNyfalt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
Sure, I can test windows if you like. O 1.1.0u doesn't work on OSX but 1.1.0 might. Nick knows more about what changed though. What am I supposed to test and where do I find it?
The code can be found here:
https://github.com/oangband/Oangband

This thread has instructions on how to get the code, for Vanilla, just replace angband with Oangband and oangband at the appropriate places:
http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=4302

As for what to test, I am mostly interested if you are able to compile and play, or if there are any gruesome errors that prevent it from working.
CJNyfalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2011, 14:53   #25
CJNyfalt
Swordsman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 289
CJNyfalt is on a distinguished road
I have been thinking about my current goals of development, and the following are in or under consideration:
- Upgrade and sync code with Vanilla, focusing on the main-xxx and z-xxxx files.
- Study how pseudo-id works in Vanilla and if it is appropriate to adopt it.
- Remove amnesia attacks.
- No sell option.
- Look over the build system and consider possible replacements for GNU autohell.
CJNyfalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2011, 17:41   #26
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,060
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJNyfalt View Post
- Study how pseudo-id works in Vanilla and if it is appropriate to adopt it.
I suggest waiting until we've got rune-based ID and then see if you want to adopt that.
Quote:
- Look over the build system and consider possible replacements for GNU autohell.
Now that would be interesting. Please post if you find an alternative.
__________________
"3.4 is much better than 3.1, 3.2 or 3.3. It still is easier than 3.0.9, but it is more convenient to play without being ridiculously easy, so it is my new favorite of the versions." - Timo Pietila
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2011, 04:36   #27
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 56
Posts: 9,170
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJNyfalt View Post
- Upgrade and sync code with Vanilla, focusing on the main-xxx and z-xxxx files.
This is a lot of work - I have mostly done this up to V3.2 for FAangband, but I'm still sorting out bugs and V is a rapidly moving target. See here for more detail.

Quote:
- Study how pseudo-id works in Vanilla and if it is appropriate to adopt it.
- Remove amnesia attacks.
- No sell option.
All these have been dealt with in FA too - I would recommend looking at how.

I will have more to say on this at some point
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2011, 12:26   #28
CJNyfalt
Swordsman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 289
CJNyfalt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
This is a lot of work - I have mostly done this up to V3.2 for FAangband, but I'm still sorting out bugs and V is a rapidly moving target. See here for more detail.
So, far things progress nicely, but the big challenge ahead is updating input handling.

Quote:
All these have been dealt with in FA too - I would recommend looking at how.

I will have more to say on this at some point
I will take a look at some point. BTW, how did you fix unlight in FA & 1.1.0u? I know that I have done something that makes playing without light more viable, but I am not sure if it is the same solution.
CJNyfalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2011, 12:29   #29
CJNyfalt
Swordsman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 289
CJNyfalt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
I suggest waiting until we've got rune-based ID and then see if you want to adopt that.
Well, what I have heard about the rune-based id sounds interesting so far.

Quote:
Now that would be interesting. Please post if you find an alternative.
I know of one alternative that I uses for another project, so I will try it out at some point.
CJNyfalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2011, 12:44   #30
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 56
Posts: 9,170
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJNyfalt View Post
I will take a look at some point. BTW, how did you fix unlight in FA & 1.1.0u? I know that I have done something that makes playing without light more viable, but I am not sure if it is the same solution.
Basically the player gets RDark and +3 stealth, plus when not wielding a light
  • Vision radius 2;
  • Terrain bonus of ac/8 + 10 (for melee) when on an unlit grid;
  • Damage reduction of 1/4 (against spells) when on an unlit grid;
  • no_lite is always false (so you can read in the dark)
  • Additional +3 stealth when on an unlit grid
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oangband - is it still being developed? kurie Variants 4 September 10, 2010 03:35
Include xchar or utf-8 in future? hernaldo ToME 1 July 31, 2010 22:20
Oangband 1.10u Malak Darkhunter Variants 14 March 5, 2010 18:41
Future of Vanilla? dhegler Vanilla 31 January 28, 2010 14:36
Having fun with Oangband CJNyfalt AAR 13 October 2, 2008 19:18


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.