Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old November 9, 2010, 11:49   #1
Bostock
Swordsman

Bostock is on a distinguished road
"Extra" Boulders in Traps

Even after all this time, I'm still not sure how "extra" boulders in traps work, that is: what makes them trigger?

By "extra" I mean the boulders that you can load in a trap in addition to its normal load.

(This is about Sangband.)

Last edited by Bostock; November 9, 2010 at 22:35. Reason: specifying variant
Bostock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2010, 20:35   #2
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostock View Post
Even after all this time, I'm still not sure how "extra" boulders in traps work, that is: what makes them trigger?

By "extra" I mean the boulders that you can load in a trap in addition to its normal load.
I presume we're talking about Sangband. My understanding (from play, not from source-diving) is that a boulder is dropped in addition to the trap's main load going off. That means that one-shot traps can continue to function with boulders after their main payload disappears, and repeating traps (e.g. melee weapons) can add boulder damage as well.

Could be wrong though - it's a while since I tried to add boulders to other trap loads.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2010, 17:06   #3
NotMorgoth
Adept

NotMorgoth is on a distinguished road
Hmm, when I played a burglar I never tried putting boulders in as well as other things; I assumed you could put either 1 weapon/device etc OR any number of boulders, and once I found out it wouldn't drop all the boulders at once, I stopped using them because they were so heavy.
NotMorgoth is offline   Reply With Quote