Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 22, 2011, 12:17   #1
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,093
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Bugfix release for 3.2?

Any idea when there will be bugfix release for 3.2?

Especially that annoying GV "8"-grid bug that causes them to be colossal waste of time should be fixed.

Other fixes I can think of are:

Item descriptions that don't fit into screen saying "up/down escape for exit" doesn't actually allow up or down, only space which does take you to down.

Screen flicker with flicker on whenever there is flickering monster in overhead screen.

Game being slow when you use overhead view.

There might be others, but at least that GV bug should be fixed.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2011, 12:42   #2
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,054
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
Any idea when there will be bugfix release for 3.2?

Especially that annoying GV "8"-grid bug that causes them to be colossal waste of time should be fixed.

Other fixes I can think of are:

Item descriptions that don't fit into screen saying "up/down escape for exit" doesn't actually allow up or down, only space which does take you to down.

Screen flicker with flicker on whenever there is flickering monster in overhead screen.

Game being slow when you use overhead view.

There might be others, but at least that GV bug should be fixed.
I think takk does intend there to be a 3.2.1 bugfix release - the only problem is that most of those bugs aren't fixed yet! In fact I'm not sure if any of them are ...
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2011, 14:22   #3
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,093
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
I think takk does intend there to be a 3.2.1 bugfix release - the only problem is that most of those bugs aren't fixed yet! In fact I'm not sure if any of them are ...
Is there an actual 3.2 nightly edition, or is nobody working on fixing bugs in 3.2 and everybody busy tweaking with 3.3?
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2011, 15:28   #4
takkaria
Veteran
 
takkaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,849
Donated: $40
takkaria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
Is there an actual 3.2 nightly edition, or is nobody working on fixing bugs in 3.2 and everybody busy tweaking with 3.3?
We only have one main branch, which is that for the next release. At some point I'll go through bugfixes and apply them to 3.2 where possible and we'll have a 3.2.1. No promise as to when, though, but hopefully soon.
__________________
"Physician, heal thyself."
takkaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2011, 16:10   #5
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,093
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by takkaria View Post
We only have one main branch, which is that for the next release. At some point I'll go through bugfixes and apply them to 3.2 where possible and we'll have a 3.2.1. No promise as to when, though, but hopefully soon.
I'm not very concerned about other bugs (haven't seen many), but that "8" tile bug in greater vaults should be fixed ASAP. Last CGV was so huge disappointment that in next vault which contained Kavlax I didn't care if my char survives or not, I took a chance with mentality of "who cares what happens". He died, of course.

I mean killing monster several dlvls OoD which you wouldn't usually even try to tackle with inside no less than legendary CGV, and get "quarterstaff (1d9) (+2,+4)".
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2011, 17:31   #6
bulian
Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 161
bulian is on a distinguished road
Sorry, this probably shows my ignorance of how the game functions, but couldn't you just change the specific squares in the vault.txt file yourself?
bulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2011, 17:40   #7
Derakon
Prophet
 
Derakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,309
Derakon is on a distinguished road
The problem is that the definition of what the square is has been changed in the code, not that the vault templates in vault.txt have changed. Fixing this requires a (trivial) code change and recompilation.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2011, 17:54   #8
d_m
Angband Devteam member
 
d_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Age: 37
Posts: 1,516
d_m is on a distinguished road
I just spoke with Takkaria about this. The plan is to wait a little longer for bugfixes to trickle in (and play testing to happen) and then port them to a 3.2.1 release.

I think the reason this hasn't been done already is that it would be annoying to release 3.2.1 and then have to turn around and do 3.2.2 also, so it's worth waiting a week or two on.

The nightlies have this fixed, and Derakon is right that it's a trivial change--I can provide a patch to anyone who wants it.
__________________
linux->xterm->screen->pmacs
d_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27, 2011, 03:57   #9
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,093
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m View Post
I just spoke with Takkaria about this. The plan is to wait a little longer for bugfixes to trickle in (and play testing to happen) and then port them to a 3.2.1 release.

I think the reason this hasn't been done already is that it would be annoying to release 3.2.1 and then have to turn around and do 3.2.2 also, so it's worth waiting a week or two on.

The nightlies have this fixed, and Derakon is right that it's a trivial change--I can provide a patch to anyone who wants it.
Patch that applies against .exe? Otherwise it wouldn't do much good for majority of players. If they know how to compile then it only requires knowledge about where that one "false" is that needs to be changed to "true" and they can do it themselves.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27, 2011, 04:47   #10
camlost
Sangband 1.x Maintainer
 
camlost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 522
camlost is on a distinguished road
There are a lot of numbers between 3.2 and 3.3.

Just sayin'
__________________
a chunk of Bronze {These look tastier than they are. !E}
3 blank Parchments (Vellum) {No french novels please.}
camlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3.2 release candidate is upon us! d_m Vanilla 147 January 19, 2011 10:10
Announce DaJAngband 1.2.1 bugfix update released will_asher Variants 15 June 28, 2010 05:57
Release HellBand 0.8.7 konijn_ Variants 4 December 27, 2009 04:14
Official Release kingwanabee Vanilla 4 February 7, 2009 04:42
reactions to changes in new V release will_asher Vanilla 50 April 9, 2008 18:47


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.