Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Sil

Old March 8, 2014, 06:07   #1
BlueFish
Swordsman

BlueFish is on a distinguished road
Unintentional challenge games

What are some random difficulties in games that you've experienced? Just had a game where I made it down to 650 feet without ever finding a lantern or brilliance helm. One-radius light the whole way (other than temporary 2 radius from slay weapons). Ended up dying to cats and a greater werewolf, shockingly enough. (After falling through a false floor.) Which at least preserved the purity of never having found a decent light source.

To balance it out, the RNG saw fit to give me *3* +3 forge gauntlets through that game.
BlueFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2014, 09:38   #2
taptap
Knight

taptap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFish View Post
What are some random difficulties in games that you've experienced? Just had a game where I made it down to 650 feet without ever finding a lantern or brilliance helm. One-radius light the whole way (other than temporary 2 radius from slay weapons). Ended up dying to cats and a greater werewolf, shockingly enough. (After falling through a false floor.) Which at least preserved the purity of never having found a decent light source.

To balance it out, the RNG saw fit to give me *3* +3 forge gauntlets through that game.
I made it to 650ft. completely without lightsource once (intentionally) but this was before chasms - died to cats as well.
taptap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2014, 07:00   #3
BlueFish
Swordsman

BlueFish is on a distinguished road
Just made it to 800' without seeing a single quickness pot. Easily the most bizarre non-existence I've ever seen in this game. Pretty much every other character I've ever played has been able to ID quickness by frequency. They're some of the most common pots in the game. I even had found 3 treasure staves, and I was using them.

Come to think of it, never saw my first herb of healing that game, either.
BlueFish is offline   Reply With Quote