Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 29, 2011, 17:18   #51
Netbrian
Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 141
Netbrian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
I really don't like unresistable stuff. I can just about cope with things like time/mana/gravity/force being unresistable (because they have always been so), but I really really don't like the idea of something which was resistable becoming unresistable or growing an unresistable sibling. Ugh.
I second this.
Netbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2011, 01:06   #52
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer
 
will_asher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,123
Donated: $10
will_asher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
I really don't like unresistable stuff. I can just about cope with things like time/mana/gravity/force being unresistable (because they have always been so), but I really really don't like the idea of something which was resistable becoming unresistable or growing an unresistable sibling. Ugh.
I really don't like how most status effects are a complete non-issue once you find the resistance. paralysis, slowing (most forms at least), confusion, blindness, invisibility -all of these become irrelevant once you have the resistance (or see invisible in that case). I think that removes a whole level from the late part of the game. The monsters hate it too.
__________________
Will_Asher
aka LibraryAdventurer

My old variant DaJAngband:
http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)
will_asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2011, 05:09   #53
Derakon
Prophet
 
Derakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9,024
Derakon is on a distinguished road
Random thought: you could replace the current See Invisible with a variant form of infravision, allowing you to see invisible monsters within a certain number of squares of your position. The existing SI would then basically be subsumed by telepathy.

...wow, this is way off the original topic.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1, 2011, 17:55   #54
EpicMan
Swordsman
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas, USA
Posts: 439
EpicMan is on a distinguished road
Rather than a secondary form of confusion that was irresistible, I would like to see the protections act like Hold Life used to, as in, most of the time the effect would not hurt you, or if it did it was greatly hampered.

My thought on pConf working like this would be a 90% chance of ignoring the effect, 10% chance of 1 turn of confusion. So the protection mostly prevents confusion, and getting confused while protected only costs you one turn (one turn because that alleviates the need to carry consumables for recovering from confusion; if it lasts more than 1 turn even occasionally players will need to chug a !ccw or some such every time they are confused).
EpicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1, 2011, 17:59   #55
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,060
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicMan View Post
Rather than a secondary form of confusion that was irresistible, I would like to see the protections act like Hold Life used to, as in, most of the time the effect would not hurt you, or if it did it was greatly hampered.

My thought on pConf working like this would be a 90% chance of ignoring the effect, 10% chance of 1 turn of confusion. So the protection mostly prevents confusion, and getting confused while protected only costs you one turn (one turn because that alleviates the need to carry consumables for recovering from confusion; if it lasts more than 1 turn even occasionally players will need to chug a !ccw or some such every time they are confused).
Ugh. I like unreliable resists even less than I like unresistable effects. Ugh.
__________________
"3.4 is much better than 3.1, 3.2 or 3.3. It still is easier than 3.0.9, but it is more convenient to play without being ridiculously easy, so it is my new favorite of the versions." - Timo Pietila
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dealing with Summoning Uniques Netbrian Vanilla 7 December 6, 2010 22:00
Summoning hijinks Therem Harth Vanilla 2 October 7, 2010 19:29
rethinking summoning fizzix Vanilla 26 December 8, 2009 20:50
Anti-Summoning Corridors TJS Vanilla 10 February 15, 2009 00:30
Anti summoning tunnel K.I.L.E.R Variants 6 October 12, 2007 12:39


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.