Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old July 17, 2011, 13:18   #1
UglySquirrell
Swordsman

UglySquirrell is on a distinguished road
Home/no store option

Was wondering, if it would be possible to make a home/no stores a birth option. I really enjoy finding items drinking unidentified potions, eating strang muahrooms etc. But not buying and selling so much. Having to find everything yourself, makes the game more challenging, but being able to store gear consumables I think would be nice too. Kind of an ironman lite. Just a thought.
UglySquirrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2011, 16:20   #2
Max Stats
Swordsman

Max Stats is on a distinguished road
I suppose you could go into the edit files and make every object cost whatever the maximum possible value is, then play no_selling. You would still be allowed to buy stuff, but you couldn't afford to (at least for a very long time).
Max Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2011, 17:52   #3
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
It would be easier to modify the stores to stock nothing, but the general store and black market are unfortunately unmodifiable via edit files.

It wouldn't be very hard to add an ironman-lite option that closes all shops except the home.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2011, 18:21   #4
Nomad
Knight

Nomad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
It wouldn't be very hard to add an ironman-lite option that closes all shops except the home.
Maybe no_stores and no_home could be separate birth options, so you could switch off one, the other or both to taste.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2011, 18:56   #5
Derakon
Prophet

Good idea. I whipped up a change to do that, though I'm not certain that I handled the new option properly (I re-numbered existing options to insert it next to birth_no_stores, but might this break savefile compatibility?). The actual logic change is trivial.
Attached Files
File Type: txt diff.txt (6.2 KB, 209 views)
Old July 17, 2011, 21:10   #6
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
Good idea. I whipped up a change to do that, though I'm not certain that I handled the new option properly (I re-numbered existing options to insert it next to birth_no_stores, but might this break savefile compatibility?). The actual logic change is trivial.
This has been requested many times. I might try and persuade takk to allow this extra option - except that we're already at max birth options (a full screen) so it's non-trivial (unless we want to nuke some others).
Old July 17, 2011, 21:28   #7
Derakon
Prophet

Ah, I hadn't considered the size of the screen. That could be a problem, yeah.
Old July 17, 2011, 22:19   #8
UglySquirrell
Swordsman

UglySquirrell is on a distinguished road
Oh, okay didn't know that birth options were maxed. Thanks for the reply though : -)
UglySquirrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2011, 22:53   #9
buzzkill
Prophet

Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
This has been requested many times. I might try and persuade takk to allow this extra option - except that we're already at max birth options (a full screen) so it's non-trivial (unless we want to nuke some others).
Maybe it's just me, but if an option is deemed worth having (as this seems to be), the screen size to display an option to select/deselect it seems an extremely trivial consideration. Of any given excuse, I couldn't imagine one that's more trivial.

Really, how hard would it be to add a second screen of birth options or repurpose a blank line somewhere. Am I missing something?
Old July 18, 2011, 00:49   #10
Jazerus
Apprentice

Jazerus is on a distinguished road
For that matter, I'm curious as to how many people actually play Angband at "1 screen" size anymore. I generally play fullscreen and can fit nearly the whole dungeon onto my monitor at that size - playing at 1 screen is way too likely to get you killed, though sometimes it's unavoidable with older variants that expect you to be playing with extra windows up for inventory, etc. like Steam.
Jazerus is offline   Reply With Quote