Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Sil

Old August 10, 2020, 21:53   #1
aNACHRONiST
Rookie

aNACHRONiST is on a distinguished road
Talking Sil-Q Amiga on aBSiNTHE BBS

Hey guys, I'm the sysop of aBSiNTHE BBS, the badass Amiga board. I've compiled Sil-Q for Amiga 68k and added code to make it suitable to run on an Amiga CNET 5.x BBS. I also drew title art and a menu for it- I'm a text artist with iMPURE and Legacy Krew. You can play it online by pointing Syncterm for Win/Linux or Term 4.8 for Amiga to telnet: absinthebbs.net:1940.

You can also check out my Korean War RPG/roguelite Skyraiders there as well, coming soon to Kickstarter

Sil-Q is my favorite modern roguelike, so I'm excited to offer it on my board! See you there.

Image linking doesn't seem to work, so here is a URL to the title menu: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgRDSSuqFAWkg1jQ...Ehwp9?e=iFn3lH

Last edited by aNACHRONiST; August 10, 2020 at 21:59.
aNACHRONiST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11, 2020, 00:43   #2
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Do people run Amiga hardware, or is it mostly emulated? I agree Amiga was way before its time.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11, 2020, 02:52   #3
Quirk
Swordsman

Quirk is on a distinguished road
Much respect. I never expected to see Sil-Q support on the Amiga before it made it to the Mac.
Quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11, 2020, 02:58   #4
aNACHRONiST
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
Do people run Amiga hardware, or is it mostly emulated? I agree Amiga was way before its time.
I don't know what the ratio is, but there is a (relative for retro computing)large community of real Amiga owners out there. I get a lot of them visiting the board. Even those guys tend to also use UAE for emulation in addition to the real hardware for this and that. The demoscene has given the Amiga world a lot of exposure to younger audiences who are curious to see what it's all about.

I own an A500 and A1200, both with Vampire accelerators, as well as a CD32 with Terriblefire expansions. The Vampire boards have caused a revolution as they enable classic hardware to use HDMI, run a bazillion times faster, and more. Crazy stuff.
Old August 11, 2020, 03:05   #5
aNACHRONiST
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirk View Post
Much respect. I never expected to see Sil-Q support on the Amiga before it made it to the Mac.
Thanks Much respect to you for what you're doing with Sil-Q. I'm going to create a leaderboard for the gamers on aBSiNTHE BBS as well as tying it into achievements not far down the road. When that happens you'll have to pop in and check it out sometime

Tags
absinthe, amiga, anst, bbs, sil-q