Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > AAR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 15, 2020, 21:55   #441
Estie
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,751
Estie is on a distinguished road
the Fur Cloak of Aglor (+2,+5) [3,+21]
Dropped by Bullroarer the Hobbit at 550 feet (level 11)

Provides immunity to Fire.
Provides resistance to Acid.
Cannot be harmed by Acid, Fire.
Sustains strength.

When activated, it grants temporary resistance to acid,
electricity, fire, cold and poison for 1d20+20 turns.
Takes 82 to 100 turns to recharge.
Your chance of success is 92.1%


Good for level 11; everything on this one is useful.
Estie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2020, 02:43   #442
Estie
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,751
Estie is on a distinguished road
Applying for worst artifact that isnt negative:


a) the Tulwar of Denoeglie (2d4) (+11,+7)
Dropped by Grishnįkh, the Hill Orc at 1350 feet (level 27)

Cannot be harmed by Acid.

Combat info:
1.0 blow/round.
With +2 STR and +0 DEX you would attack a bit faster
With +5 STR and +0 DEX you would get 1.1 blows
With +0 STR and +6 DEX you would attack a bit faster
With +2 STR and +6 DEX you would get 1.1 blows
With +0 STR and +9 DEX you would get 1.1 blows
Average damage/round: 6.2.
Estie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2020, 06:56   #443
Sky
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: London-ish
Age: 48
Posts: 1,790
Sky is on a distinguished road
well we're lucky randarts don't have CHR bonuses anymore. Can't imagine the joy at finding
The Crown Of Uglee [0,+1] <+6>
+6 CHR
cannot be harmed by acid
__________________
"i can take this dracolich"
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2020, 04:58   #444
Jay
Scout
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 34
Jay is on a distinguished road
Here are a couple from a recent game (vanilla 3.5.1):

the Lochaber Axe of Anoriquen (5d8) (+15, +18) [+9] <+3>
Found lying on the floor in a vault at 3450 feet (level 69).

+3 constitution.
Slays orcs, giants, dragons.
*Slays* undead.
Branded with weak flames, acid.
Provides resistance to acid, light, nether.
Cannot be harmed by acid, electricity, fire, cold.
Sustains constitution.
Blessed by the gods.

When activated, it restores 10 hit points, removes fear and grants you resistance to fear and +12 to-hit for 1d25+25 turns.

---

the Short Bow of Rufinyar (x4) (+15, +15) <+2>
Dropped by a Ranger at 2300 feet (level 46).

+2 stealth, shooting speed, shooting power.
Cannot be harmed by Acid, electricity, fire, cold.

(As a paladin, it took a long time to find a crossbow more useful than this.)

Last edited by Jay; October 27, 2020 at 20:06.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2020, 00:12   #445
Adam
Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 163
Adam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estie View Post
Applying for worst artifact that isnt negative:


a) the Tulwar of Denoeglie (2d4) (+11,+7)
Dropped by Grishnįkh, the Hill Orc at 1350 feet (level 27)

Cannot be harmed by Acid.

Combat info:
1.0 blow/round.
With +2 STR and +0 DEX you would attack a bit faster
With +5 STR and +0 DEX you would get 1.1 blows
With +0 STR and +6 DEX you would attack a bit faster
With +2 STR and +6 DEX you would get 1.1 blows
With +0 STR and +9 DEX you would get 1.1 blows
Average damage/round: 6.2.
Being a little off-topic, something which i really don't like in the description:
we have 5 lines of more or less unnecessary text (With +2 STR and +0 DEX you would attack a bit faster etc).
My problem is that in my setup it often means that the average damage/round does not fit into the window if I 'l'ook at the item. I need to pick it up or resize that window.
Wouldn't it make sense to write the more important info first? Those 5 lines don't make much sense anyway as for the first 40 dungeon levels I have no real choice about my STR or DEX.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2020, 13:41   #446
Estie
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,751
Estie is on a distinguished road
the Crown of Balin [0, +15]
Dropped by Bert the Stone Troll at 1500 feet (level 30)

Cannot be harmed by Acid.


No wonder his attempt to revive the kingdom of Moria failed.
Estie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7, 2020, 19:11   #447
Jay
Scout
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 34
Jay is on a distinguished road
My priest is dead so I checked the spoilers. Wow!

the Mace of Disruption 'Eluin' (7d8) (+8, +27) [+9] <+5>
-----------------------------------------------------------------
+5 strength, wisdom, speed.
+25% to searching.
Slays animals, evil creatures, undead, orcs.
*Slays* dragons, demons, undead.
Branded with venom.
Provides protection from blindness.
Cannot be harmed by acid, electricity, fire, cold.
Prevents paralysis. Grants telepathy. Grants the ability to see invisible things.

When activated, it heals 1000 hit points.
Takes 131 to 176 turns to recharge.

Min Level 100, Max Level 127, Generation chance 1, Power 826, 40.0 lbs
Based on Bladeturner.

For comparison, Grond is Power 705.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2020, 00:27   #448
Sky
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: London-ish
Age: 48
Posts: 1,790
Sky is on a distinguished road
holy smokes that is one massive stick,
__________________
"i can take this dracolich"
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2020, 01:30   #449
Sideways
Knight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 720
Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
My priest is dead so I checked the spoilers. Wow!

the Mace of Disruption 'Eluin' (7d8) (+8, +27) [+9] <+5>
-----------------------------------------------------------------
+5 strength, wisdom, speed.
+25% to searching.
Slays animals, evil creatures, undead, orcs.
*Slays* dragons, demons, undead.
Branded with venom.
Provides protection from blindness.
Cannot be harmed by acid, electricity, fire, cold.
Prevents paralysis. Grants telepathy. Grants the ability to see invisible things.

When activated, it heals 1000 hit points.
Takes 131 to 176 turns to recharge.

Min Level 100, Max Level 127, Generation chance 1, Power 826, 40.0 lbs
Based on Bladeturner.

For comparison, Grond is Power 705.
What's up with it both slaying and *slaying* undead? Is that because it's a mace of disruption?
__________________
The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2020, 01:34   #450
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 55
Posts: 8,559
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
What's up with it both slaying and *slaying* undead? Is that because it's a mace of disruption?
I guess so.
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
memorable randarts PowerDiver AAR 453 September 10, 2020 17:20
memorable Maggot drops Estie AAR 43 April 19, 2017 18:24
Randarts... Fendell Orcbane Vanilla 50 September 6, 2010 23:27
Memorable in-game messages Bodkin AAR 91 July 6, 2010 23:20
Randarts dhegler Vanilla 5 March 10, 2010 20:30


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.