Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old June 13, 2014, 20:26   #111
LostTemplar
Knight

LostTemplar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Most egos give only minor stat bonuses, and stuff like maxing CON is likely impossible unless you dedicate a ring slot.
This is IMHO a very nice thing, so your class/race combo actually do have lategame effect.
LostTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2014, 04:41   #112
Malak Darkhunter
Knight

Malak Darkhunter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak Darkhunter View Post
I'm going to try a no-artifact dwarf next, just to see how far ego's can go, undecided on whether to try warrior or priest though.
going with Dwarf Priest, but I got a real itch to try a no artifact rogue. So far it's been fun although challenging, one thing I'm finding that's an irritating game-play mechanic is the constant,constant need for detect doors/stairs and call light for every single room you come across.

I've played casters often yet my main problem is the tiny little range of detection, you cast, play 30 secs and have to cast again, I feel the range needs increased for reasons of aggravation, for some reason it feels like the range of detection is less than it used to be, (but I could be seeing more of the dungeon than I used to nowdays as well).

light spells are also an aggravation, if you light up a room I feel it should light up the whole room, especially in vauts. In one octagonal vault room there was 4 doors dividing the vault equally, I had to cast call light 4 times just to light up each room in that vault, could we not cast once and light up the whole vault?

One suggestion i think would be interesting would be to make call light a spell that amplified and increased your light range for a duration of time. It increases your light range to where you don't need to cast call light for every little room you come across, and at the same time in bigger rooms you can only see a small part of the room at a time, instead of getting to illuminate the whole thing, which could also increase the danger level of unseen enemies.
Old June 16, 2014, 14:18   #113
jford_2505@hotmail.com
Apprentice

jford_2505@hotmail.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak Darkhunter View Post
I've played casters often yet my main problem is the tiny little range of detection, you cast, play 30 secs and have to cast again, I feel the range needs increased for reasons of aggravation, for some reason it feels like the range of detection is less than it used to be, (but I could be seeing more of the dungeon than I used to nowdays as well).

light spells are also an aggravation, if you light up a room I feel it should light up the whole room, especially in vauts. In one octagonal vault room there was 4 doors dividing the vault equally, I had to cast call light 4 times just to light up each room in that vault, could we not cast once and light up the whole vault?

One suggestion i think would be interesting would be to make call light a spell that amplified and increased your light range for a duration of time. It increases your light range to where you don't need to cast call light for every little room you come across, and at the same time in bigger rooms you can only see a small part of the room at a time, instead of getting to illuminate the whole thing, which could also increase the danger level of unseen enemies.
Are you playing with a larger window now perhaps? I have not noticed a reduction in detection range.

I also always use macros for detect trap/door, light and detect monster spells. Isn't such a problem when it's a single keystroke.

With those compound rooms, I tend to open all doors before casting light. That way it does light the whole room.
jford_2505@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote