Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 22, 2010, 10:24   #11
TJS
Swordsman
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 473
TJS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by takkaria View Post
Should be fixed when a1349ba is up. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Great, thanks a lot.

On a completely unrelated note. Is it possible to start a new game with your monster memory without having to commit suicide with any characters you are running? I quite like having a few games on the go at once.
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2010, 11:09   #12
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,096
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS View Post
Great, thanks a lot.

On a completely unrelated note. Is it possible to start a new game with your monster memory without having to commit suicide with any characters you are running? I quite like having a few games on the go at once.
I don't think there are in-game methods, but you can copy your savefile in different names, suicide the excess ones and start new chars with those. Suicides don't go in scoreboard, so that should be invisible for the game.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2010, 12:15   #13
TJS
Swordsman
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 473
TJS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
I don't think there are in-game methods, but you can copy your savefile in different names, suicide the excess ones and start new chars with those. Suicides don't go in scoreboard, so that should be invisible for the game.
Yeah I could do that, but any additional monster memory I fill out will be lost when I go back to the older character.

Also for some reason I feel like it is cheating going back to a character that I know is dead (even through suicide).
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2010, 14:19   #14
TJS
Swordsman
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 473
TJS is on a distinguished road
I'm getting a crash on angband-rc58056f377 when I try to chuck a flask of oil at fang (or it might have been grip).

Assertion failed!

game-cmd.c line 294

Expression: game_cmds[idx].arg_type[n] & arg_DIRECTION
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2010, 16:03   #15
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,096
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS View Post
I'm getting a crash on angband-rc58056f377 when I try to chuck a flask of oil at fang (or it might have been grip).

Assertion failed!

game-cmd.c line 294

Expression: game_cmds[idx].arg_type[n] & arg_DIRECTION
Confirmed. Throwing flask of oil causes crash. Actually looks like throwing anything causes crash.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2010, 16:14   #16
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,096
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
Confirmed. Throwing flask of oil causes crash. Actually looks like throwing anything causes crash.
Also seems to be that failing to pick a lock in door stucks at prompt "which direction?" with repeat counter at bottom, which doesn't allow door as direction. Same happens with trying to dig a rubble out of the way.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2010, 17:27   #17
TJS
Swordsman
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 473
TJS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
Also seems to be that failing to pick a lock in door stucks at prompt "which direction?" with repeat counter at bottom, which doesn't allow door as direction. Same happens with trying to dig a rubble out of the way.
Yeah I got that happen to me as well. Also when you press escape '?' appears in the corner until you make your next move.

I've also noticed monster memory is squashed against the right hand side of the screen.
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ranger spells Sincro Vanilla 57 November 4, 2010 18:11
Why? Or spells vs. launchers Fendell Orcbane Vanilla 5 August 20, 2010 23:05
Ball spells dhegler Vanilla 1 October 19, 2009 22:58
Can't learn spells jgauthier Vanilla 1 May 2, 2009 19:07
On less used spells bebo Vanilla 8 February 4, 2009 23:21


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.