Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 15, 2011, 09:12   #1
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,096
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Nightly builds and release notes

There are few nightly builds in http://rephial.org/nightlies/ but they give no clue what has been changed. I was hoping to get some information to what has been changed so that I could decide should I upgrade or not.

I hope that GV "8" block failure will be corrected soon.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2011, 15:22   #2
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,057
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
There are few nightly builds in http://rephial.org/nightlies/ but they give no clue what has been changed. I was hoping to get some information to what has been changed so that I could decide should I upgrade or not.

I hope that GV "8" block failure will be corrected soon.
The nightlies are built automatically, and there is no automatic mechanism for producing a summary of what's changed (though it would be possible to gather commit messages to a file).

However, each nightly contains the commit number from which it is built (press shift-v, it's a seven-hex-digit string). If you go to http://github.com/angband/angband/commits/master, you can look at the description of that commit and its predecessors to see what's changed.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2011, 20:49   #3
PowerDiver
Prophet
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,712
PowerDiver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
There are few nightly builds in http://rephial.org/nightlies/ but they give no clue what has been changed. I was hoping to get some information to what has been changed so that I could decide should I upgrade or not.

I hope that GV "8" block failure will be corrected soon.
I don't think you should look for that in the nightlies. I'm currently playing a version 2 weeks old because inscription bugs made more recent versions too annoying.

You should only play the nightlies if you want to start messing with a bunch of new things and don't mind the occasional crash.

Hopefully you can get someone to recompile 3.2.0 with that one line changed. Figuring out how to compile windows binaries under linux appears involved, but if no one helps you out in a week I'll do it for you.
PowerDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2011, 23:16   #4
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,096
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDiver View Post
I don't think you should look for that in the nightlies. I'm currently playing a version 2 weeks old because inscription bugs made more recent versions too annoying.

You should only play the nightlies if you want to start messing with a bunch of new things and don't mind the occasional crash.

Hopefully you can get someone to recompile 3.2.0 with that one line changed. Figuring out how to compile windows binaries under linux appears involved, but if no one helps you out in a week I'll do it for you.
I can do it myself (easy under cygwin), but I was hoping that there would be "official" release for those couple of fixes I have seen mentioned here. Initial 3.2 has been a bit buggy in addition to that GV messup.

Also I'm feeling a bit lazy just now, so getting someone else to do my job was something that felt right thing to do.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2011, 23:49   #5
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 54
Posts: 7,860
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
Also I'm feeling a bit lazy just now, so getting someone else to do my job was something that felt right thing to do.
That's always the right thing to do if you can manage it
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nightly Builds and Save Files timtek Vanilla 2 June 13, 2010 01:28
nightly builds not updated at rephial.org bebo Vanilla 1 September 8, 2009 23:49
Comp #61 notes Donald Jonker Competition 37 November 29, 2008 19:45
Notes Patch Narvius Vanilla 12 August 8, 2008 21:50
Question about the nightly builds Zero Vanilla 14 February 14, 2008 06:45


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.