Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 22, 2011, 21:09   #101
Rizwan
Swordsman
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 292
Rizwan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockbolt View Post
*laughs* I already did add glitter to the artifacts
lol So does that make us great minds?
Rizwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2011, 05:15   #102
zaimoni
Knight
 
zaimoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 590
zaimoni is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerN View Post
Alas, I have failed in record time.

I quickly found out that GDI+ can only be used in C++ projects.
But the Windows API can be used in C. In recent versions (think threshold is XP but do a doc check first), the same Windows function that opens *.BMP also opens *.PNG (just change an incoming parameter to signal *.PNG).
__________________
Zaiband: end the "I shouldn't have survived that" experience. V3.0.6 fork on Hg.
Zaiband 3.0.10 ETA Mar. 7 2011 (Yes, schedule slipped. Latest testing indicates not enough assert() calls to allow release.)
Z.C++: pre-alpha C/C++ compiler system (usable preprocessor). Also on Hg. Z.C++ 0.0.10 ETA December 31 2011
zaimoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2011, 11:54   #103
Shockbolt
Knight
 
Shockbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 632
Shockbolt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Shockbolt
more mixed tiles:


Last edited by Shockbolt; April 15, 2014 at 19:41.
Shockbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2011, 13:28   #104
dos350
Knight
 
dos350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: nimbin, australia
Posts: 541
dos350 is on a distinguished road
very nice tiles still,ee i hear talking of png ??? some blah about no windows c++ etc watever please, im not expert mastercraft but i am thinking sdl extension sdl_img supports png good, no need c++,this could be good default for win?? not to say dont go c++!~!~ goodluck. keep up goodtimes!
__________________
~eek

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++
dos350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2011, 13:43   #105
RogerN
Swordsman
 
RogerN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 308
RogerN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimoni View Post
But the Windows API can be used in C. In recent versions (think threshold is XP but do a doc check first), the same Windows function that opens *.BMP also opens *.PNG (just change an incoming parameter to signal *.PNG).
If you can recall where you saw this documented then please share! Everything I've found so far indicates that the standard LoadImage function only supports .BMP, .ICO, and .CUR files.

Quote:
more mixed tiles:
Keep up the amazing work! I'm sure the beauty of your tiles is a major motivator for the devs here

BTW - The wall tiles you posted earlier appear to be using a pseudo-isometric style rather than the pure overhead style used by Angband's existing tile system. It sure would be nice if Angband had support for variable tile heights so that we could paint those nice looking walls in an overlapped fashion... it would require some work but it's very doable.

Also, I would guess that support for the different wall types and connectors could probably be handled by the display code without modifying the game code. Internally the game would still use the wall features we already have (Inner, Outer, Extra, etc...) and the display code could just look at the surrounding tiles in order to map each internal wall feature to an appropriate tile as needed.
RogerN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2011, 14:09   #106
Shockbolt
Knight
 
Shockbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 632
Shockbolt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Shockbolt
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerN View Post

BTW - The wall tiles you posted earlier appear to be using a pseudo-isometric style rather than the pure overhead style used by Angband's existing tile system. It sure would be nice if Angband had support for variable tile heights so that we could paint those nice looking walls in an overlapped fashion... it would require some work but it's very doable.

Also, I would guess that support for the different wall types and connectors could probably be handled by the display code without modifying the game code. Internally the game would still use the wall features we already have (Inner, Outer, Extra, etc...) and the display code could just look at the surrounding tiles in order to map each internal wall feature to an appropriate tile as needed.
Have a look at ToME. You'll see how my wall tiles are being used within that game
Shockbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2011, 06:27   #107
zaimoni
Knight
 
zaimoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 590
zaimoni is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerN View Post
If you can recall where you saw this documented then please share! Everything I've found so far indicates that the standard LoadImage function only supports .BMP, .ICO, and .CUR files.
Ahem...blinded by low-level format specifications. I recalled that the *.BMP info headers were extended to indicate both PNG and JPEG image encoding, but it turns out this is for specialized uses .

Basically, load the image as raw binary data and feed it to SetDIBitsToDevice with a suitable BITMAPINFOHEADER . Whether this works, depends on how much the screen looks like a printer....
__________________
Zaiband: end the "I shouldn't have survived that" experience. V3.0.6 fork on Hg.
Zaiband 3.0.10 ETA Mar. 7 2011 (Yes, schedule slipped. Latest testing indicates not enough assert() calls to allow release.)
Z.C++: pre-alpha C/C++ compiler system (usable preprocessor). Also on Hg. Z.C++ 0.0.10 ETA December 31 2011
zaimoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2011, 19:21   #108
desmondch
Rookie
 
desmondch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London
Posts: 8
desmondch is on a distinguished road
Man - I've been waiting sooo long for a pretty Angband - I still pick up TomeTik for a couple of months every few years.

Are these amazing tiles actually in use in any of the variants? I was sad to see ToME move away from chez Tolkein: and graphics + ascii set for players & monsters? Yuk. Fuglyband to my mind.
desmondch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2011, 17:13   #109
Shockbolt
Knight
 
Shockbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 632
Shockbolt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Shockbolt
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmondch View Post
Man - I've been waiting sooo long for a pretty Angband - I still pick up TomeTik for a couple of months every few years.

Are these amazing tiles actually in use in any of the variants? I was sad to see ToME move away from chez Tolkein: and graphics + ascii set for players & monsters? Yuk. Fuglyband to my mind.
I'm painting this tileset these days, still a long way before they're complete. Though angband currently don't support png or tiles somewhat hidden behind other tiles(top of walls partially hiding the player/creatures/items), I hope it will in the future. Meanwhile my tiles are being used to upgrade ToME which already support these features and more, with the option of switching the ASCII symbols and instead play using my 64x64 tiles.
Shockbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2011, 17:05   #110
Shockbolt
Knight
 
Shockbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 632
Shockbolt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Shockbolt
It's been a little while, got a few projects running but the tiles are still being painted for Angband/ToME:


Last edited by Shockbolt; April 15, 2014 at 19:41.
Shockbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
angband, graphic, graphics, tileset


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OSX Tileset help? ZorroRoaster Variants 1 March 31, 2009 00:09
Tileset formats? caduceus Vanilla 8 April 23, 2008 23:44


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.