Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 11, 2008, 00:28   #1
ekolis
Knight
 
ekolis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cincinnati, OH, USA
Age: 35
Posts: 911
ekolis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ekolis Send a message via MSN to ekolis Send a message via Yahoo to ekolis
[Iron] Show flavors for known objects

What happened to the "show flavors in object descriptions" option in Ironband? It seems to be permanently turned on, and I always liked to turn it off to make the descriptions more compact (i.e. instead of a "scroll labeled 'foo bar' of Word of Recall" just a "scroll of Word of Recall")...

edit: oh, while I'm at it, what about "prompt for pickup"? I like to turn that one off, as well as auto-pickup, but prompt for pickup seems to be missing...
__________________
You read the scroll labeled NOBIMUS UPSCOTI...
You are surrounded by a stasis field!
The tengu tries to teleport, but fails!

Last edited by ekolis; February 11, 2008 at 00:34.
ekolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2008, 01:46   #2
Antoine
Ironband/Quickband Maintainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 993
Antoine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekolis View Post
What happened to the "show flavors in object descriptions" option in Ironband? It seems to be permanently turned on, and I always liked to turn it off to make the descriptions more compact (i.e. instead of a "scroll labeled 'foo bar' of Word of Recall" just a "scroll of Word of Recall")...

edit: oh, while I'm at it, what about "prompt for pickup"? I like to turn that one off, as well as auto-pickup, but prompt for pickup seems to be missing...
Hi

Someone else commented on this. I'll stick 'show flavors' back in as an option in the next release.

"prompt for pickup", didn't know anyone used it, again will stick it back in.

A
__________________
Ironband - http://angband.oook.cz/ironband/
Antoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2008, 04:06   #3
Pete Mack
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,915
Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
Hi

Someone else commented on this. I'll stick 'show flavors' back in as an option in the next release.

"prompt for pickup", didn't know anyone used it, again will stick it back in.

A
I use query-floor, no autopickup, always prompt for pickup, especially in games with a good (NPP-style, not the awful new V) squelch.

UPDATE: Fixed option list.
I do use autopickup, but also query floor. It would be good if ESC on query-floor would let you get out of selecting through a pile. The pile problem is why NPP strong squelch is so good. You just don't get much junk with squelch 'good' and mass ID.

Last edited by Pete Mack; February 11, 2008 at 06:03.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2008, 04:25   #4
Antoine
Ironband/Quickband Maintainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 993
Antoine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
I use query-floor, no autopickup, always prompt for pickup, especially in games with a good (NPP-style, not the awful new V) squelch.
Thanks, will bear in mind.

Incidentally, I don't think you need squelch on Iron, not nearly as much as in NPP or V anyway. (Not that that detracts from your comment)

A.
__________________
Ironband - http://angband.oook.cz/ironband/
Antoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2008, 06:41   #5
flight2q
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7
flight2q is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the flavor text option. It's nice to not have the flavors when viewing inventory. That way the names of objects of the same type all begin at the same lateral point rather than scattered all over the place.

I commented earlier about the easy_floor option. I'm thinking now that you have easy_floor defaulted to on, and what I wanted was always_show_list. By turning this on, you always get a pickup prompt in list form rather than sometimes getting the yes/no prompt and sometimes the list prompt.

Best,
flight2q

Added: FWIW, NPP settings are

NO, floor_query_flag
YES, carry_query_flag
YES, always_pickup
YES, easy_floor
YES, always_show_list (in display options)

Last edited by flight2q; February 18, 2008 at 06:48.
flight2q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2008, 08:54   #6
Antoine
Ironband/Quickband Maintainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 993
Antoine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by flight2q View Post
Thanks for the flavor text option. It's nice to not have the flavors when viewing inventory. That way the names of objects of the same type all begin at the same lateral point rather than scattered all over the place.

I commented earlier about the easy_floor option. I'm thinking now that you have easy_floor defaulted to on, and what I wanted was always_show_list. By turning this on, you always get a pickup prompt in list form rather than sometimes getting the yes/no prompt and sometimes the list prompt.
OK, gotcha.

Well, I now have easy_floor and always_show_list both defaulted to 'off'.

Sounds like you just need to set always_show_list=on through the options menu and you will be in business.

Cheers
A.
__________________
Ironband - http://angband.oook.cz/ironband/
Antoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FA] overview doesn't show anything when using graphics petebull Variants 1 May 2, 2007 20:51


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.