Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old July 26, 2016, 00:27   #281
raz
Rookie

raz is on a distinguished road
Are these two links accurate for everything that is included in PCB?

http://mikedebo.ca/files/poschengban...s/mon-desc.spo
http://mikedebo.ca/files/poschengban...s/obj-desc.spo

If so I can just position them in order as I see them in those two files and someone smarter than me can help with making the game read them in the correct order later...
raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26, 2016, 01:07   #282
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Correct. The number is the position in the file, indexed from 0 (black/unknown grid). It's sequential order, not x,y. The pref file already is exactly what you want. It looks like the file is already sorted by index.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26, 2016, 01:35   #283
Pete Mack
Prophet

Not quite. There's also the player,various tiles for empty squares and other features. It'd be a whole lot easier just to use the same pref file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz View Post
Are these two links accurate for everything that is included in PCB?

http://mikedebo.ca/files/poschengban...s/mon-desc.spo
http://mikedebo.ca/files/poschengban...s/obj-desc.spo

If so I can just position them in order as I see them in those two files and someone smarter than me can help with making the game read them in the correct order later...
Old July 26, 2016, 06:21   #284
Pete Mack
Prophet

So, I was able to compile poschengband using gcc, in Seeing whether it's easy to allow other tile sizes.
1. Fix dir_exists in init2.c so it doesn't use stat(). Just return true. (I have no idea how to get this to compile correctly. I tried using _stat, and a whole lot of other things.)
2. Fix makefile.win so it _actually works_. The one in there is horribly stale.
3. Replace main-*.c with more recent versions--pick the one from angband-3.1v2, as that is fully compatible. This lets you select any of the other bitmap sizes, though it still requires bmp and mask files--and the names are 'Adam Bolt' and 'David Gervais', and 'Shockbolt', not 8x8, 16x16, and 32x32. (It'd take a very little more work to allow png files--just add readpng and libpng.)

In passing I noticed some really strange stuff. It uses "software" 64-bit numbers, rather than using the 64-bit built-ins from even C89. And it is just plain mean about assigning exp for summoned uniques, giving them even less relative EXP than for ordinary monsters. Allow me to observe that it is IMPOSSIBLE TO FARM SUMMONED UNIQUES. At least I think that's what's happening. That stretch of code in xtra2.c is under-commented, and for no particular reason, it uses RSHIFT(1), iterated n times, rather than just RSHIFT(n).

Edit: I will further note that dependencies are horribly messed up in Makefile.inc. Really, all files should depend on z-*.h, just on general principles. It beats spending time trying to figure out why your exe doesn't link.
Old July 26, 2016, 20:46   #285
raz
Rookie

raz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
Not quite. There's also the player,various tiles for empty squares and other features. It'd be a whole lot easier just to use the same pref file.
OK, will do. Thanks for the help!
raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2016, 20:44   #286
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Found a bug with monks in 5.0.0:
Assume posture doesn't work one-handed if the Shield is on the Right Hand (i.e., character melees left -handed)

My YouTube channel, where I'm known as MjolnirExcalibur (formerly AzureExcalibur777) (includes my PosChengband gameplay+music):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqG...vf4c0P8ipsIeQQ
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2017, 17:19   #287
wobbly
Knight

wobbly is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyhades View Post
Wraithform is good, but the majority of death is really shitty lategame. Pretty much everybody who wants it has access to plenty of regular Genocide at similar spellpower with the staves. Early game their AoE and Maledection are good, and as I already said yes their early buff spell is good, but haste is unexciting (literally every character that makes it to high level is already permahasted very very easily), their damage spells are heavily resisted by almost every relevant late enemy (demon/undead/serpent), vampirism true is great but only works on life-bearing monsters (which are by far the least important type to care about).

Death later on is far far worse on hybrids than life, and far far worse on pure casters than chaos.
I know this is pretty old but I remembered the conversation & thought I'd dig it up & point out that Oberon is not in fact Nether resistant (except a partial for the evil flag, but nether storm is 750 to start with & cheap with a massive radius) nor is he darkness resistant (& darkness storm is pretty cheap & reasonable against something with out the resist).

Interestingly enough the serpent himself doesn't have darkness resist though it would take a fair few dark storms to bring him down that way.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2017, 06:25   #288
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
I wonder if this was even changed in 5.x

My YouTube channel, where I'm known as MjolnirExcalibur (formerly AzureExcalibur777) (includes my PosChengband gameplay+music):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqG...vf4c0P8ipsIeQQ
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2017, 06:29   #289
wobbly
Knight

wobbly is on a distinguished road
I'm reading the resist of a 5.x character with full monster memory of the 2 purchased at the beastmaster.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote