Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old March 20, 2017, 21:08   #491
t4nk
Adept

t4nk is on a distinguished road
Looks like monster_flag_table[] (mon-util.c) misses {RF_MAX, 0, NULL} at the end? That causes buffer overrun in mon-util.c:83 ("rf->index < RF_MAX", but there is no such index).
t4nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2017, 20:32   #492
StMicah
Adept

StMicah is on a distinguished road
I'm getting some odd behavior...playing with randarts on the second march 19 nightly and when starting up a savefile, my artifact knowledge is empty (though) I still have the randart equipped. Has anyone else noticed this?

I've attached a savefile that I have debug on to create artifacts. In a normal game, I noticed this because a repeat randart was generated!
Attached Files
File Type: zip PLAYER.zip (5.7 KB, 2 views)
StMicah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2017, 08:10   #493
PowerWyrm
Veteran

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
After implementing some randart changes in PWMAngband, I ended up with weightless randart lights and jewelry. I started the latest Angband build, generated all artifacts from debug mode, and also ended up with weightless randart light sources (jewelry is fine).

This is because now all randarts take their base properties from their chosen kind... and all INSTA_ARTs have no weight defined in write_dummy_object_record(). No idea why this works for rings and amulets, probably their weight is hardcoded somewhere...

Last edited by PowerWyrm; March 22, 2017 at 08:33.
PowerWyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2017, 09:02   #494
PowerWyrm
Veteran

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
After implementing some randart changes in PWMAngband, I ended up with weightless randart lights and jewelry. I started the latest Angband build, generated all artifacts from debug mode, and also ended up with weightless randart light sources (jewelry is fine).

This is because now all randarts take their base properties from their chosen kind... and all INSTA_ARTs have no weight defined in write_dummy_object_record(). No idea why this works for rings and amulets, probably their weight is hardcoded somewhere...
Looking more closely at the problem, there seems that another INSTA_ART field is missing in write_dummy_object_record(): kind->level. This field is used to enforce minimum object level in make_artifact_special(). And since it's currently zero, no check is made. So expect randart Rings of Firmament at 50'!

Last edited by PowerWyrm; March 22, 2017 at 09:07.
PowerWyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2017, 03:01   #495
Nomad
Knight

Nomad is on a distinguished road
Got a crash descending a staircase in version a016a4c.

Code:
Assertion failed!

File:cave-square.c, Line 464

Expression: square_in_bounds(c, y, x)
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2017, 14:50   #496
Nomad
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMicah View Post
I'm getting some odd behavior...playing with randarts on the second march 19 nightly and when starting up a savefile, my artifact knowledge is empty (though) I still have the randart equipped. Has anyone else noticed this?

I've attached a savefile that I have debug on to create artifacts. In a normal game, I noticed this because a repeat randart was generated!
Yes, I'm encountering this too - I've had multiple duplicate randarts show up in a016a4c after saving and reopening, and the ones that I found in earlier game sessions aren't shown in the artefact list.
Old March 25, 2017, 17:24   #497
Nomad
Knight

Can't seem to ID the rune for the slowness curse by use even though it's self-evident the item is reducing my speed. (Possibly because I already learned the rune for speed earlier?)