AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old April 8, 2020, 17:21   #11
fph
Knight

fph is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
I just go 'Shift+R, Enter' to rest until fully healed. It automatically puts the & for me. Never setup a keymap for this as Shift+R isn't that hard to press IMO. Does it not work like this for others?
I also use shift-R enter routinely. It has the disadvantage that if I fat-finger and do not press the shift, it reads the first scroll in my inventory (usually a ?phase door), which might put me in an awkward situation. I never lost a char to that, though. (You may argue that if one routinely mistypes, maybe Angband is not the best game for them; I understand that.)
fph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2020, 17:52   #12
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fph View Post
I also use shift-R enter routinely. It has the disadvantage that if I fat-finger and do not press the shift, it reads the first scroll in my inventory (usually a ?phase door), which might put me in an awkward situation. I never lost a char to that, though. (You may argue that if one routinely mistypes, maybe Angband is not the best game for them; I understand that.)
I mapped the <TAB> key to rest for 5 turns, that way I rest a bit, but not overmuch, since I would rather regain the hitpoints walking around. If needed, I'll press the Tab key a 2 or 3 times. Usually where nothing can sneak up on me. If something does come along, the rest is automatically interrupted.
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote