Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old March 14, 2013, 20:31   #41
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Especially since, if I recall correctly, artifacts are specifically not allowed to be generated in the town.

(EDIT: in response to Magnate's post)

Last edited by Derakon; March 14, 2013 at 20:37.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2013, 20:59   #42
Oramin
Swordsman

Oramin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
Especially since, if I recall correctly, artifacts are specifically not allowed to be generated in the town.

(EDIT: in response to Magnate's post)
So if you read a Scroll of Acquirement (or *Acquirement*) in town there is *no* chance of an artifact?
Oramin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2013, 21:22   #43
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
I'm pretty sure that's the case, yes, but you should always be reading Acquirement at as deep a depth as possible anyway.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2013, 08:33   #44
scud
Swordsman

scud is on a distinguished road
I'd rather have found a Rod of Speed or Healing at this stage, but all the same it's nice to have...

scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4, 2013, 17:55   #45
OOD Town drunk
Adept

OOD Town drunk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by academic.sam View Post
Came across Holy Infusions at 1050'. Whoa ... I'm a HE mage. Drat. At least, its a quick 25k.
I always get excited to find that first artifact, especially when you get that surprise early one, so I was way disappointed when my SUPERB feeling on dlevel 20 something was wrath of god. As a mage of course.

Do special feelings still exist? With preserve off? I miss the special feeling.
OOD Town drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2013, 16:50   #46
OOD Town drunk
Adept

So I just finished cracking the luckiest vault I've ever seen in this game. I'm on DLV 56 and up until now had only found a couple of silly bad randarts. Well within this medium sized treasure vault I found 3 artifacts of use, there are 6 i'm leaving behind, i found 2 potios of Augmentation, oh and my first RoS +8. I just went from struggling and probably soon to die to Superhero soon to defeat all evil! This is also the earliest I've ever seen "Omens of death haunt this place". There were 6 or so OOD uniques I had to teleport away.. This game still surprises me sometimes. I love it
Old April 12, 2013, 00:37   #47
OOD Town drunk
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOD Town drunk View Post
So I just finished cracking the luckiest vault I've ever seen in this game. I'm on DLV 56 and up until now had only found a couple of silly bad randarts. Well within this medium sized treasure vault I found 3 artifacts of use, there are 6 i'm leaving behind, i found 2 potios of Augmentation, oh and my first RoS +8. I just went from struggling and probably soon to die to Superhero soon to defeat all evil! This is also the earliest I've ever seen "Omens of death haunt this place". There were 6 or so OOD uniques I had to teleport away.. This game still surprises me sometimes. I love it
http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=14222

if you browse my equipment/inventory/home you will notice the crazy amount of shit i am still using from that vault! Look towards the bottom of my game history! look at everything from 2800'. I actually found both the arkenstone and the phial too. And I had just found the star a few levels before that
Old April 13, 2013, 04:47   #48
scud
Swordsman

scud is on a distinguished road
I'm not entirely sure what happened here...

...shouldn't the Big Q have at least *attempted* something?
scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2013, 06:22   #49
Starhawk
Adept

Starhawk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scud View Post
I'm not entirely sure what happened here...

...shouldn't the Big Q have at least *attempted* something?
Somewhere, big Q arrives in Monster Afterlife, waving a leatherbound tome angrily in one glistening pseudopod.

"Damn it, the spoilers said that if I played dead, the Adventurer would leave me at 1 hp and go on about his business! Shenanigans!"

From a darkened corner, a frayed voice whispers, "Tell me about it." Farmer Maggot shuffles into view and sticks out his tongue.
Starhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2013, 17:43   #50
donalde
Apprentice

donalde is on a distinguished road
GV Huge Modified - 1st WHOA! and then OH Sh*t!

My clvl 47 hT Mage recalled to level 78, activated palantir, 'L'ooked around: GV, type Huge - Modified! Whoa! Then when he got closer and got look what was inside, it was moment of Oh Sh*t! Khamul, Fagwath, Witch-King, Maeglin, Pazuzu, Cantoras, Carcharoth, Gorthmog! After some though, I started to clear vault opposite end to Maeglin, by the time I had reached middle row, Maeglin had cleared all the walls on the opposite side. I used mana storm and rift to keep Maeglin in distance, teleporting him away few times to get chance to regain mana, and occasionally banishing summoned monsters. Before I finally took out Maeglin I cleared vault, loot was impressive, 13 artifacts, some were left behind. After Maeglin was gone, I though vault was ideal place to kill Carcharoth, limit his summonings. It was, barely. After that I decided not to push my luck and recalled to town.

Here is char dump.

Edited, been playing warrior so much that I wrote warrior instead of mage. So, my hT Mage found GV

Last edited by donalde; April 15, 2013 at 20:44.
donalde is offline   Reply With Quote